Switched fuse panel

Big Si

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I want to run a few electrical add ons and I am concerned about overloading the canbus system (2008 GSA). Therefore I would like to add a switched fuse panel in the interests of keeping things safe and tidy, I don't want to be woken up at night by the fire brigade trying to extinguish the blaze that was my bike and work shop!:blast
Can anyone recommend a panel they have successfully used??
Thanks in advance.:thumby:

Ok. Ok.

Stick a Fuzeblock under your seat.

Each of the 6 outlets can be set to direct feed or ignition supplied feed.

I tapped in to the OEM socket for my ignition feed “trigger”. Though that upset the canbus Charger so my charger is connected direct to battery.

Attachments

• E8944DB3-73B9-440E-9EB1-75DCE301ADD7.jpg
    E8944DB3-73B9-440E-9EB1-75DCE301ADD7.jpg
    133.2 KB · Views: 308
Thank you, looks the biz:thumb

What did you use as your switched source?

edit: sorry, i see you already answered that:blast

I have a used one I bought from Nippy Normans just a few months before my last one was written off if you're interested?

Just fitted one to my 700GS.
Used a feed from the number plate light as the switched source and kept a separate feed for the battery charger as I also use it for a small Airman compressor. Should be useful for fitting spotlights when I get round to it.
Purchased from Nippy Normans and I also bought the wiring harness, just made it all a lot easier! £104 in all.

for what is worth I use one on my R1100GS and my KTM 990 they are great, just wire up once and then anything else you need just comes off the fuze block.
Just remember put it somewhere you can GET to!!!!

Attachments

• DSC_3137_zps6unvpdts.jpg
    DSC_3137_zps6unvpdts.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 242
  • DSC_3139_zpsy9lacisu.jpg
    DSC_3139_zpsy9lacisu.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 253
Have a look at Eastern Beaver. Jim produces a fuse panel which can be configured to utilise switched and perm on feeds. He also provides said relay to power fusebox. Excellent bit of kit indeed.

First pic is with the cover off ,the second the relay for it.

Think you might have missed the point, these are given a switched and a permanent feed, then depending upon which which slots you put the fuse in alters which feed you are using

Back
Top Bottom