Schuberth E1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaca2865

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Schuberth E1
Today I tried out my new E1 over 80 or so miles, mainly motorway.

Two things became apparent very quickly:
1. Pressure points at bottom of skull top of neck to the point it was painful. This seemed to dissipate over return journey?!?!
2. Never ridden with peaked lid before and not sure I want to very much again - seemed to want to turn my head at slightest rotation off centre.

Anyone experienced the same and have a view before I maybe offer it up for sale?

Jim

I’ve used an E1 and they are not good at speed on the road primarily because of the peak.

Over time the tension that allows you to position the peak wears and the peak then starts to move on it own and not stay put. Mine failed in Iceland dropping down infringement of my eyes whilst riding .

Hi Joe, Hope you’re safe and well

I had thought this would happen with the peak over time so have ordered 2 covers for the visor mechanism when the peak is removed, in effect allowing lid to be peak-less

All the very best

Jim

I’ve used an E1 and they are not good at speed on the road primarily because of the peak.

Over time the tension that allows you to position the peak wears and the peak then starts to move on it own and not stay put. Mine failed in Iceland dropping down infringement of my eyes whilst riding .

Hi Joe, Hope you’re safe and well

I had thought this would happen with the peak over time so have ordered 2 covers for the visor mechanism when the peak is removed, in effect allowing lid to be peak-less

All the very best

Jim

I removed the peak and fitted the shorter replacement connectors that I carry as spares. All good in the end, but I wouldn’t recommend peak for road especially not one with so much movement.

i also use on. The sizing is the crucial thing here. If you are a Large in other makes ,you might find you are an XL in schuberths world. they are quite a tight fit,so do take time to bed in.It is also possible ,depending on the size you have to change the inner pads.

Still maintain after 8,000 miles European travel, on all types of roads, at all speeds, the peak has been faultless.

Cheers DC. My C3 was a 61 and so I got the same size for the E1, as in the shop (don’t they always) it fitted fine!

Jim

i also use on. The sizing is the crucial thing here. If you are a Large in other makes ,you might find you are an XL in schuberths world. they are quite a tight fit,so do take time to bed in.It is also possible ,depending on the size you have to change the inner pads.

Cheers FS. As I said, it’s my first sojourn into peaked lids so I’ll try to get used to it! Or someone will get a bargain on here!!!!!

Jim

Still maintain after 8,000 miles European travel, on all types of roads, at all speeds, the peak has been faultless.

That’s my plan Joe. Hope it works!

I removed the peak and fitted the shorter replacement connectors that I carry as spares. All good in the end, but I wouldn’t recommend peak for road especially not one with so much movement.

Cheers FS. As I said, it’s my first sojourn into peaked lids so I’ll try to get used to it! Or someone will get a bargain on here!!!!!

Jim

Having a removable peak leaves that option of course.

Venting is just a case of experimenting - again, I've had no issues.

I find it fits identically to the BMW System helmets, but a little more 'snug' at the cheeks.

It's noisy though, so buy plenty of earplugs!

What size and colour, I like mine and might be interested, depending on size, finish and price.

I’d probably prefer an Arai Tour X, but that’s based on wearing RX7GPs.

Interesting how different people on different bikes find the same helmet to be so different.
I have had my E1 for about two years and covered around 35,000 miles in that time. I was part of the GlobeBusters 2018 Trans America’s trip where I covered just over 23,000 miles in 5 months and the E1 was worn everyday on the bike with no issues whatsoever. The peak, in its lower position, never caused a problem, there are no pressure points, and it has been the quietest adventure style helmet I have had to date.
Having got back from the trip in December I am still using the Schuberth now.
If you can’t get on with yours, Jim, and it’s a large, I would be interested in a purchase if you are asking a reasonable price.

If I sell it price will be negotiable

It’s the grey and yellow size 61

As new condition - worn today for first time.

Jim

What size and colour, I like mine and might be interested, depending on size, finish and price.

I’d probably prefer an Arai Tour X, but that’s based on wearing RX7GPs.

See my response as regards size and colour etc

Happy to discuss price

Jim

Interesting how different people on different bikes find the same helmet to be so different.
I have had my E1 for about two years and covered around 35,000 miles in that time. I was part of the GlobeBusters 2018 Trans America’s trip where I covered just over 23,000 miles in 5 months and the E1 was worn everyday on the bike with no issues whatsoever. The peak, in its lower position, never caused a problem, there are no pressure points, and it has been the quietest adventure style helmet I have had to date.
Having got back from the trip in December I am still using the Schuberth now.
If you can’t get on with yours, Jim, and it’s a large, I would be interested in a purchase if you are asking a reasonable price.

Hi Jim, I have an E1 purchased in Nov 2017 and covered 6500 miles in it. Firstly that pressure point will go as the helmet does bed in. I didn’t have a Schubert’s head from the get go. Ventilation is good and no nosier than the C4 even with the larger chin vent. I’m on a GSA and do suffer with turbulence from the peak which is bloody noisy, so have been experimenting with rubber inserts around the peak but to no avail. However, I did push the peak up one notch from its lowest setting which has cured some of this, but then what’s the point of a bloody peak! I do think it is a quality helmet.
Glenn

Cheers Glenn

Great read. My schuberth head fits my C3 very well and I hope it goes the same way with the E1. Watch this space as it wasn’t a cheapo lid!!!!

Jim

Jim

Hi Jim, I have an E1 purchased in Nov 2017 and covered 6500 miles in it. Firstly that pressure point will go as the helmet does bed in. I didn’t have a Schubert’s head from the get go. Ventilation is good and no nosier than the C4 even with the larger chin vent. I’m on a GSA and do suffer with turbulence from the peak which is bloody noisy, so have been experimenting with rubber inserts around the peak but to no avail. However, I did push the peak up one notch from its lowest setting which has cured some of this, but then what’s the point of a bloody peak! I do think it is a quality helmet.
Glenn

Glenn

My add to this is that with the standard screen on my 2016 GSA there is some buffeting of the peak, but with the touring screen fitted there isn’t. This depends on many factors but the relative height and position of the screen and peak is so variable between riders and machine variants it’s must be almost impossible to be sure of any peaked helmet being right for everyone. I chose a peak knowing if I didn’t like it I could remove it, but I do. As I commute east in the morning and west at night it’s a really good thing to have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom