Worn paralever driveshaft. What's it worth?

Two wheels good

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
A worn paralever drivershaft, '89 R100GS. UJs are bit notchy otherwise in good condition.
The bike is sold and I won't need a spare d-shaft.

What's it worth to sell as it is?
I already have one replacement UJ but it's easier just to let someone else deal with the repair. Second UJ will be €27 +VAT I'm told.
Thanks.

I expect the postage costs are more than the shaft value.

I've got a bag of various old spark plugs i'm desperate to sell if you know anyone interested.

I expect the postage costs are more than the shaft value.

I've got a bag of various old spark plugs i'm desperate to sell if you know anyone interested.

Why do people hang on to old spark plugs? I’ve worked in places that have buckets full of them. 30 years ago they would have been n9y or the denso equalivent w20epu. JJH

Why do people hang on to old spark plugs? I’ve worked in places that have buckets full of them. 30 years ago they would have been n9y or the denso equalivent w20epu. JJH

You know the old saying, might be useful one day. ;)

I think I'll make you lot Honorary Yorkshiremen :rolleyes::thumb

Sorted for oily plugs - and blown fuses, thanks. Have some air filters available, only dirty on the outside.

I've actually found someone local who can replace the UJs but, quite understandably, long-term reliability can't be guaranteed . What is point I 'm thinking.
Honorary Yorshireman, that would be a badge of honour. Does it come with a chest of tea and a wheel of Wensleydale?

[Edit] Sorry, I meant "cup" and "slice"

To throw at customers who continually talk and ask questions whilst you work silly.

You ask them to go over there for some reason, then you throw spark plugs at them :D

Yes there’s a few who would be in the firing line. Gun barrel and an airline anyone? Actually that’s a cue for a new thread. Wnakstain customers. Like “I got my car serviced here last week and now it’s got a puncture. What did u do to it?” JJH

Back
Top Bottom