New helmet advice

wozzer

Reaction score
Just say I only had £100 to spend on a helmet....I know, I should spend more, most important bit of kit etc, but I haven't got more so it's a £100.

What would you recommend. I need some speaker cut outs, would like the adventure look, but not sure I'll get it for the money. Tips please

Not sure if you would get an adventure style helmet for the money but have a look at Givi helmets. They have a couple of full face lids for around £100.
Good luck with the search and let us know what you get.

£90 https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/shark-sxr-crew-line-kgw-sale/

shark_sxr_motocross_helmet_kgw__95783.1520942226.1280.1280.jpg

End of line / last years model going to offer best bargain. Check the manufacture date of helmet, as manufacture guarantees so many years from manufacture & some sale lids quite old.

Fit rather than brand most important, I'd go to an outlet that carries large stock & try some on.

The Bell MX-9 Adventure is a great helmet, you can pick the older version (not the MIPS one) up for £100 depending on the size.

Try the Infinity clearance warehouse at Camberley

Go to the Government SHARP website.

https://sharp.dft.gov.uk/

Find a helmet manufacturer that has a 5 star or 4 star rating within your budget.

Go try it on and make sure it fits, then buy it.

Or buy a more expensive helmet second hand off eBay, within your budget.

Just make absolutely sure you know your size first.

Just say I only had £100 to spend on a helmet....I know, I should spend more, most important bit of kit etc, but I haven't got more so it's a £100.

What would you recommend. I need some speaker cut outs, would like the adventure look, but not sure I'll get it for the money. Tips please

IF you can afford the elecktrickery:D, go onto any of these websites, 1000's to choose from:
sportsbikeshop
helmet city
visordown or visorshop ??
fc moto
ebay:thumby:

In the ski helmet world MIPS is a sort of Brainiac skull cap that can slide within the helmet shell, I think it's supposed to mitigate against having your head removed by the helmet.

Just bought the MIPS one (does MIPS stand for anything?):nenau

Mutli-Directional Impact Protection System - It's coming into the motorcycle industry a lot more. It's been in MX helmets for a long time but now starting to be seen in road helmets too. Makes sense when you look into it and why so a good choice of helmet! They're also getting a lot cheaper with time now although I've seen a lot of the new 2020 range of helmets and there's still not an awful lot with it in.

Spada Intrepid Helmet / AFX FX-41DS Helmet will be a decent option around the £100 mark.

Go to this link, puts our Adventure helmets in price order:

https://www.motocentral.co.uk/motor...orcycle-helmets.html?product_list_order=price

If its any use, I have the AFX FX 41ds as a spare helment, its a good fit, very comfortable (at least for my head) a little noisy but I wear ear plugs and it is because it is well vented and has the peak, you can fit speakers in without issue, and bang for buck I think it was a damn good buy.

In the end I had to spend more, couldn't find what I was after.

So I bought a Scorpion ADX-1 flip front adventure lid in matt black for £165 ish.
Not really that quiet but like the flip front, the sunshield is good, got a free pinlock and the speakers go in fine so quite happy overall. Not as comfortable as I'd like, but once bedded in it will be fine. My head has clearly put on weight like my waist and I'm now a 2xl, must diet a bit!

Pic

Here it is

Attachments

• shopping.png
    shopping.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 122

Back
Top Bottom