Leatt 5.5 Body Protection

Warlord

Do Not Resuscitate
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Having smashed my ribs on my latest off-road unscheduled dismount, I decided to buy some body armour.

Bought the Leatt 5.5 Body Protection.

Seems like it protects well and has good reviews (except in very hot weather it's too hot to wear).

Protects:-

- Elbows
- Shoulders
- Chest
- Ribs
- Back
- Kidneys
- Abdomen

and is compatible with my Leatt 5.5 neck brace, so it all connects together supposedly....

Anyone used it??

Attachments

• Leatt1.jpg
    Leatt1.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 444
  • Leatt3.jpg
    Leatt3.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 468
  • Leatt2.jpg
    Leatt2.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 804
For what it's worth I can recommend it as it's top quality kit and money well spent.

I gave this Leatt body armour and a Leatt neck brace to my (adult) son some time ago and not long afterwards he walked away from a bad crash during a motocross race.

Funny how the labels seem to spell... EAT ATT

For what it's worth I can recommend it as it's top quality kit and money well spent.

I gave this Leatt body armour and a Leatt neck brace to my (adult) son some time ago and not long afterwards he walked away from a bad crash during a motocross race.

Thanks for the endorsement. Cheers

I've actually ordered two sets.

1) A black Leatt 5.5 Body Protector - which has the neoprene skin suit, elbow protectors and kidney protector. Which I think will be perfect for cold and winter riding. Ideal under a goretex jacket.

2) A white Leatt 5.5 Pro HD Chest Protector - which is identical to above but doesn't have the mesh suit and no elbow armour. Ideal under a mesh jacket or jersey for hot summer weather.

Between the two, they should do the job nicely.

Just depends whether I want to dress up as Darth Vader or a Storm Trooper

You could save a shit load of money and pain by simply buying a CRF250l (or better still a way lighter KTM exc)

You could save a shit load of money and pain by simply buying a CRF250l (or better still a way lighter KTM exc)

Don't be daft..... how am I going to sneak that past Mrs Warlord without losing my bollocks... eh !!

Anyways.... falling off at 18mph could've happened on anything from a CRF250, Mountain bike, horse, alien spacecraft.....

.... and still had the same result.

I was walking the dogs on the beach, pitch black and pissing down. Looked back for one of them and stepped into a hole, landed on the top of a rock sticking out above the sand... two fractured ribs.

Worst part was that I was winded and struggling to get my hands out of my pockets while the dogs thought it was a game!

I was walking the dogs on the beach, pitch black and pissing down. Looked back for one of them and stepped into a hole, landed on the top of a rock sticking out above the sand... two fractured ribs.

Worst part was that I was winded and struggling to get my hands out of my pockets while the dogs thought it was a game!

Haha, good story. Bet that was a moment of weird torture :D

When my bikermate Dan arrived on scene, he must have thought 'cracked ribs....how?' as it was a straight bit of trail with only grass on either side.... I bet he thought I was joking around.

The Leatt 5.5 Body Protector arrived yesterday.. tried it on, fits really well.

Might wear it and try a road ride tomorrow on the GSA... just to get out as two weeks doing nothing has done my head in :(

I swear, put a KLIM badge on that and I'll wear it...

The white Leatt 5.5 Chest Protector arrived today, and thats really good as well.

I tried it all on UNDER my Klim Induction Jacket and it fits a treat.

So that's Winter and Summer options sorted.

I've heard a few people complain about heat buildup when using these body protectors.... so I did some research and found a company in USA called Tacvent.

Tacvent produce a polymer based shield which sits between your T-shirt and the body protector, which then allows airflow and heat to escape.

They sell it to armed forces and Police, who have the same problem.

Give it a go, so I ordered a couple of shields to play around with.

If they work, it'll be a neat solution to ATGATT in high temps.

Back
Top Bottom