Mac Mail won't log into Gmail

Andres I thought username and email address had to be the same, as in the GMAIL interface the username is the actual email address, give that ago, same in both fields.

I got all excited then thinking, yes, by jove, he's right.................... :)

Sadly, same outcome :(

I've run out of time Smoggy so got go......... 'till the next time :beerjug:

Andres

I got all excited then thinking, yes, by jove, he's right.................... :)

Sadly, same outcome :(

I've run out of time Smoggy so got go......... 'till the next time :beerjug:

Andres

For tomorrow maybe, just found these 2 solutions.

solution 1
I spoke to Apple support now. They gave me the fix I needed.

You remove the gmail accounts.
Then reenter the data, but NOT using the gmail button. Instead use ‘other mail’, and enter the data with username and password.

It works perfectly now.

solution 2

I removed the gmail account from the system preferences, restarted the macbook, and re-added the gmail account server. I was prompted to authenticate in Safari again, but this time it moved forward and its back to normal now

For tomorrow maybe, just found these 2 solutions.

solution 1
I spoke to Apple support now. They gave me the fix I needed.

You remove the gmail accounts.
Then reenter the data, but NOT using the gmail button. Instead use ‘other mail’, and enter the data with username and password.

It works perfectly now.

solution 2

I removed the gmail account from the system preferences, restarted the macbook, and re-added the gmail account server. I was prompted to authenticate in Safari again, but this time it moved forward and its back to normal now

Yeah, cheers but came across both of those when having a ganders on the web...........no joy on either.

Andres

Yeah, cheers but came across both of those when having a ganders on the web...........no joy on either.

Andres

Andres can you log into Gmail from the simple gmail page in safari and see your emails, and have you done this below otherwise for sure it will not work.

Back
Top Bottom