Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 17 to 24 of 24

Thread: Mac Mail won't log into Gmail

  1. #17
    Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    32,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Have you tried this way, before you string yourself up

    delete the account and them re-add it as an IMAP account as follows**.


    User name: full email address

    Incoming server: imap.gmail.com

    Outgoing server: smtp.gmail.com
    One of the things I've seen mentioned ~ I really have had it for this evening but will try that first tomorrow when home from work

    Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

  2. #18
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    One of the things I've seen mentioned ~ I really have had it for this evening but will try that first tomorrow when home from work

    Andres
    Yep sometimes it helps to see better.

  3. #19
    Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    32,345
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr



    Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

  4. #20
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Grrrrrrrrrrrr



    Andres
    Andres I thought username and email address had to be the same, as in the GMAIL interface the username is the actual email address, give that ago, same in both fields.

  5. #21
    Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    32,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    Andres I thought username and email address had to be the same, as in the GMAIL interface the username is the actual email address, give that ago, same in both fields.
    I got all excited then thinking, yes, by jove, he's right....................

    Sadly, same outcome

    I've run out of time Smoggy so got go......... 'till the next time

    Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

  6. #22
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    11,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    I got all excited then thinking, yes, by jove, he's right....................

    Sadly, same outcome

    I've run out of time Smoggy so got go......... 'till the next time

    Andres
    For tomorrow maybe, just found these 2 solutions.

    solution 1
    I spoke to Apple support now. They gave me the fix I needed.

    You remove the gmail accounts.
    Then reenter the data, but NOT using the gmail button. Instead use ‘other mail’, and enter the data with username and password.

    It works perfectly now.


    solution 2

    I removed the gmail account from the system preferences, restarted the macbook, and re-added the gmail account server. I was prompted to authenticate in Safari again, but this time it moved forward and its back to normal now

  7. #23
    Deadhead Member Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Nottingham England
    Posts
    32,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Smogbob View Post
    For tomorrow maybe, just found these 2 solutions.

    solution 1
    I spoke to Apple support now. They gave me the fix I needed.

    You remove the gmail accounts.
    Then reenter the data, but NOT using the gmail button. Instead use ‘other mail’, and enter the data with username and password.

    It works perfectly now.


    solution 2

    I removed the gmail account from the system preferences, restarted the macbook, and re-added the gmail account server. I was prompted to authenticate in Safari again, but this time it moved forward and its back to normal now
    Yeah, cheers but came across both of those when having a ganders on the web...........no joy on either.

    Andres
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Martel View Post
    One of the five imbeciles of the vainglorious big swinging dick types of the Harley section

  8. #24
    Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Black Forest
    Posts
    11,678

    Click here to find out how to remove these ads

    Quote Originally Posted by Outtomunch View Post
    Yeah, cheers but came across both of those when having a ganders on the web...........no joy on either.

    Andres
    Andres can you log into Gmail from the simple gmail page in safari and see your emails, and have you done this below otherwise for sure it will not work.


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Anyone attending a Ride Out or Event organised through the UKGSer Forums does so at their own risk.
UKGSer.com or anyone organising an event posted here will not be held responsible in any way for damage or personal injury sustained while attending any such events.

Members attending any such event do so at their own risk.

The text, images, graphics, sound files, animation files, video files, and their arrangement on this Website are all subject to copyright and other intellectual property protection. These objects may not be copied for commercial use or distribution, nor may these objects be modified or reposted to other sites without prior written permission.

Disclaimer: Use or depiction of the BMW logo or trademark throughout this web site is for illustrative and editorial purposes only, and to the benefit of the trademark owner, with no intention of infringement of the trademark.

The UKGSer Forums may include adult content for which it cannot be held responsible. Your use of this website constitutes acceptance of the UKGSER network privacy policy



UKGSer is....

"a pernicious environment of toxic hostility" dean0n0 2019

"I have always known this community is full good people even if most of you cover it up with piss n vinegar" Chad 2018

"Its about being a grown up hooligan - and if that means a dark visor, remus open pipe and a bit of speeding out of town then all well and good" Kaister 2005