R80ST - current value?

Johnnymac

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a 1982 R80ST and after 15 years of ownership, thinking of selling. A few little jobs to sort, and a new MOT before it goes, but any ideas on value? I've seen them in the £3-5k range, so quite a variation. It'll be bog standard, reasonable condition as a 37 year old unrestored bike would be. Lovely bike, but I just don't use it. It's got twin discs and was imported from South Africa about 25 years or more ago. I have a suspicion it might have been the importer's road test bike, but don't have any period South African magazines to prove.
New clutch and battery fitted.
No pics yet, needs a good clean!

I paid £1300 for my 84 ST in 1985.

Not very helpful, I know.

A couple or so years ago I bought a clean, tidy and mechanically very good example as the basis for a custom project. I paid about 2.5k for it complete with luggage and lots of documented history. Having seen lots of comments on various forums about how rare they are and highly collectible I felt guilty about the project. Initially I kept all the original parts so I could, should I change my mind, return it to stock. Since then I’ve seen a few for sale. All have failed to reach ‘collector value prices’. I would say mint 5k. Nice clean ready to use bike 2.5k. This is based on my experience. I still have mine, cosmetically altered but mechanically stock and I love it. A great bike to ride.

Back
Top Bottom