Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Adventure Bike Festival July 2020

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Seems different from your traditional usual £10 - 12 rally, with 50 - 100 rallyists attending.
    But at £49 even for an early bird ticket seems bloated to the extreme. Hopefully this will not become the norm.

A friend went this year and did say it was great. He came back with a plastic bag full of freebies.
    Hobnobbing with the elitist adventurists on their new GSA’s or KTM’s plastered with the latest Touratech accessory.

May be I’m too old fashioned or just old but come November, riding to the 30th ‘Pissed as a Parrot’ rally near Buxton on my 1150GSA. Eighty limit and £8 entry fee.
    My summer and winter hack .

Sent from Steve's fancy iPad using Tapatalk
    A GOAL is an end toward which some specific effort is directed!
    Go forth and prosper!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Path View Post
    Seems different from your traditional usual £10 - 12 rally, with 50 - 100 rallyists attending.

But at £49 even for an early bird ticket seems bloated to the extreme. Hopefully this will not become the norm.

A friend went this year and did say it was great. He came back with a plastic bag full of freebies.
    Hobnobbing with the elitist adventurists on their new GSA’s or KTM’s plastered with the latest Touratech accessory.

May be I’m too old fashioned or just old but come November, riding to the 30th ‘Pissed as a Parrot’ rally near Buxton on my 1150GSA. Eighty limit and £8 entry fee.
    My summer and winter hack .

But it's not a Rally, it's a Festival - hence the title Adventure Bike Rider Festival - with 2500 people attending

I don't see many Bike manufacturers trekking across Europe in an Artic Truck full of demo bikes, attending the Dragon Rally or somesuch in a boggy field in North Wales in February
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post
    But it's not a Rally, it's a Festival - hence the title Adventure Bike Rider Festival - with 2500 people attending

I don't see many Bike manufacturers trekking across Europe in an Artic Truck full of demo bikes, attending the Dragon Rally or somesuch in a boggy field in North Wales in February
    Which band are headlining then ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    There are far more people risking their lives on the GS than any of the competitors bikes

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBoxer View Post

Sod it, gone and bought a ticket . May have to bring my own weekend supplies after paying so much.
    Got a year to get in to the adventure mode.

Go forth and prosper!

Quote Originally Posted by Rugged Path View Post
    Sod it, gone and bought a ticket . May have to bring my own weekend supplies after paying so much.
    Got a year to get in to the adventure mode.

Good man, you'll love it

Do make sure you get booked in for the early morning Yoga sessions held in the beer tent (funny as feck to watch)

I took my own grub and a good few tins of old speckled hen The beer on sale tbh though was decent and
    reasonably priced especially in "happy hour" which was actually happy two hours

Quote Originally Posted by UturnTony View Post
    Good man, you'll love it

Do make sure you get booked in for the early morning Yoga sessions held in the beer tent (funny as feck to watch)

I took my own grub and a good few tins of old speckled hen The beer on sale tbh though was decent and
    reasonably priced especially in "happy hour" which was actually happy two hours
    Tony talks sense . I like to cook my own food as I don’t spare the portions, drink my own beer as I usually buy the mixed cartons of craft ale from the supermarket.
    Definitely need to get some road and trail testing of all the expensive bikes on display and maybe fall off one of the trial bikes.
    But July is a long ways off to start thinking about it.

Go forth and prosper!

First rounds on you RP
    Caution : May stop suddenly

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Quote Originally Posted by Andi_archer View Post
    First rounds on you RP
    As a Mancunian Andy, you’ll be on half pints!

Go forth and prosper!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12