Spare ignition keys...

King Rat

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Anyone found a source, other than Motobins etc, for a spare key blank? I can get one cut in town if I can get a blank - he doesn't have a suitable blank in stock.

I have searched on google, been pointed all over the place, especially America. I think an F650 key is the same, but can't be certain. I don't want to purchase the wrong one. i don't really want to have to pay Motobins prices. About £10 for a blank - when they are available for about £2.50 posted.

Try here ebay item no 143306242811 £5.99
Or here 143228770052 two for £6.99

Thank you very kindly.. have you actually used these? Are they successful? The second option doesn't look like the correct groove pattern.

Thank you very kindly.. have you actually used these? Are they successful? The second option doesn't look like the correct groove pattern.

No I haven’t, just linked first couple i saw. If you have the four digit code for the key then you can get one from Key2code i got a spare one for my bike. Obviously it wont start the bike but that doesn’t matter its keyless. But opens everything else. £13.99 or was it £14.99 cant remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Simon, I got a spare for my XCountry cut at Timpsons and I believe they used a Suzuki (?) blank. If the guy's not sure, they usually have a digital camera setup in store so they can call "base" on the phone, have them check the image and advise a suitable blank. I know the Ducati blank works for the latest BMW models but not for the XCountry. Or, for a tenner you could try this on eBay!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-F-65...ountry&hash=item21259d1781:g:byUAAOSwlndZAvU2

Simon, I got a spare for my XCountry cut at Timpsons and I believe they used a Suzuki (?) blank. If the guy's not sure, they usually have a digital camera setup in store so they can call "base" on the phone, have them check the image and advise a suitable blank. I know the Ducati blank works for the latest BMW models but not for the XCountry. Or, for a tenner you could try this on eBay!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-F-65...ountry&hash=item21259d1781:g:byUAAOSwlndZAvU2

Cheers Del.

Brilliant, I hope the chap in town can copy the original.

Who did you use to copy yours? Just the local key cutter?

Hi I used a local locksmith in Leicester, Himans, and he didn't have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom