My Route App and GPX files

Morph

Reaction score
Hi,

Trying to upload GPX file. I have followed the instruction using route lab and upload file.
When I open the folder it shows it as empty. I know the files are there.
Has anyone a solution to the problem ?

Tony

Its quite straight forward on the Myroute, I use it a lot . Draw your route, then Save as ....If you are using a Nav 5 or Nav 6 ,its best to save as a GPX 1.0 file. not a GPX1.1 or a BMW Navigator.
Then you plug in your nav to the laptop, Push Export. this sends the file to the nav as a Route, not a track . Open the route planner on the nav it will be there .

You need a separate piece of software called the Connector to let it export , this comes up as a blue screen on the my route app. when you have installed it , afterwards it uploads automatically .

Hope that helps

HI DC,
That's interesting, I have been using MyRoute for a while, find it very simple and efficient, when I save to Nav VI I always save as BMW Nav or 1.1, is there an advantage saving as 1.0? i've never tried it..

HI DC,
That's interesting, I have been using MyRoute for a while, find it very simple and efficient, when I save to Nav VI I always save as BMW Nav or 1.1, is there an advantage saving as 1.0? i've never tried it..

The difference between 1.0 and 1.1 is, 1.0 uses waypoints, 1.1 shaping points. So if you save as 1.0, you can then change your waypoints that you want to shaping points. But the biggest advantage is, for ages 1.1 when imported into the Nav, just gave you straight lines. You had to go through a different import process as shown in their support doc, which involved doing things differently in the Nav. In May I was still experiencing straight lines with 1.1 import. But as I said, perhaps they have fixed it now. I'll give it another go and see :)

Well I have just tried again using the export tool and once the route is imported, I still have a straight line route, if you tap the map button. If you hit go and the route calculates, when I zoom in, it looks like its calculated, but it doesn't follow the roads I selected, it straight lines again. So unless you are following the support doc that tells you how to avoid the straight lines, I am surprised yours imports correctly. i am using a Nav VI as well :) I'm sticking to GPX 1.0 and will just change the waypoints to shaping points if I don't want them as waypoints.

I get the straight lines too, but if you change it to shortest route and then back to fastest route on the sat nav it gives you a proper route...

I get the straight lines too, but if you change it to shortest route and then back to fastest route on the sat nav it gives you a proper route...
Yes that was the workaround, but the post seemed to indicate it worked without doing anything.

as per some comments on here GPX1.1 will import as direct st lines. but....it also imports as a track. so when imported using 1.1 into the nav,open up tracks in the apps.( its next to the route planner) when in tracks you can save it as a Route. This lets you rename it ,change the colour of the mapping line etc. When you reopen the route planner it will have saved as a route and it will also be there as a track.

speaking of changing names ....on the waypoints you can change it to anything you like. its can be a laugh if theres a group of you and you have shared the route. on the Final waypoint, near the destination i normally change it from "you have arrived at the destination " to " Your here Tossers, get the beers in ASAP " its quite comical when the lady reads it out .....

Back
Top Bottom