1150GS fuel gauge

ELIMINATOR

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
For quite a while the fuel gauge never showed a full tank after I've filled up. Didn't really bother me, until the gauge showed nothing after about 140 miles. This was not helped when the low fuel light failed to show after 210 miles. Although it showed the following morning. Once in a while I have sprayed the connector block on the right hand side, behind the plastic cover with ACF50, I may even have put waxoyl in there. I took the block apart, as I read ages ago on this site that it can be a problem. Blasted both sides with WD40 for several long seconds, put it back together, made no difference. But, next day it was working.:):blagblah Fingers crossed it stays that way.

For quite a while the fuel gauge never showed a full tank after I've filled up. Didn't really bother me, until the gauge showed nothing after about 140 miles. This was not helped when the low fuel light failed to show after 210 miles. Although it showed the following morning. Once in a while I have sprayed the connector block on the right hand side, behind the plastic cover with ACF50, I may even have put waxoyl in there. I took the block apart, as I read ages ago on this site that it can be a problem. Blasted both sides with WD40 for several long seconds, put it back together, made no difference. But, next day it was working.:):blagblah Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Try contact cleaner instead. Wax and oils will act as an insulator stopping electrical contact.....but will stop the pins from corroding:)

Even with waxoyl or acf 50, due to the interference nature of the fit, there will me metal to metal contact at some point. This point is therefore subject to eventual corrosion. Spraying WD50 and connecting and disconnecting the block several times has cleaned it while also giving some minimal protection.

Hmm, go outside later and spray some AC50 back into it.

Back
Top Bottom