Camera's

PC-8 cuts the power immediately after the ignition is OFF. But the DVR system needs aprox 10 seconds delay to finalize last recording.
So permanent (+) is necessary.
If PC-8 has some delay functions, like PDM60 - manual switch will be not needed.

Oh ok.....

My Garmin Virb XE cameras auto switch to internal batteries when bike is turned off from PC8

Seriously, i am thinking that they would be a good investment. For my own protection i mean. Prove that im a riding god and the cage driver was a twat !! :p:p:green gri:D

All my mates are fitting front and rear cameras now, as and when they can afford it.

Last year my car was written off.... the perps drove off and were never found.

ONLY because I had rear view camera footage, I was paid out in full for my car, and £3900 compensation.

My mate, then fitted cameras to his BMW and was hit in the rear, camera footage again proved his story and insurance was a no-contest.

Get cameras..... simple.

All my mates are fitting front and rear cameras now, as and when they can afford it.

Last year my car was written off.... the perps drove off and were never found.

ONLY because I had rear view camera footage, I was paid out in full for my car, and £3900 compensation.

My mate, then fitted cameras to his BMW and was hit in the rear, camera footage again proved his story and insurance was a no-contest.

Get cameras..... simple.

Thinking of the INNOVV K2 but there seems to be a lot of problems with it or am i reading too many bad reviews ? Ive zero experience of camera systems on a bike apart from my go-pro

Thinking of the INNOVV K2 but there seems to be a lot of problems with it or am i reading too many bad reviews ? Ive zero experience of camera systems on a bike apart from my go-pro

The main things you need on a bike camera system, in my opinion, are

- Totally waterproof
- Always instantly ready, powered from bike.
- Long memory footage (mine is 10.5 hours)
- Easy to use and recover recordings in good HD Quality
- Good editing software.

That's all then perfect for motorcycle useage.

Helmet cameras are not ideal, as they are battery powered and don't cover the whole journey... unless you carry a bag of charged batteries and spend time stopping to change them over.

Remembering to charge batteries the day before is your enemy :D

Reason I bought the Eastern Beaver PC8 for my Africa Twin, was because of the powered options:-

6 Switched Lives

- GPSMAP 276cx
- Heated Grips
- Front Camera
- Rear Camera
- spare
- spare

2 Perminant Lives

- Air Pump / Trickle Charger
- spare

The main things you need on a bike camera system, in my opinion, are

- Totally waterproof
- Always instantly ready, powered from bike.
- Long memory footage (mine is 10.5 hours)
- Easy to use and recover recordings in good HD Quality
- Good editing software.

That's all then perfect for motorcycle useage.

The Innovv seems to meet all those criteria then ? And at £350 isnt a bank buster.

Back
Top Bottom