Continental Trail Attack 3

Cheers for that Keith.

They seem to have fallen out of favour with the established Irish tyre fitters.
The 3 places I would normally trust not to damage my rims don't stock/supply them.
I think it's a price thing, Continental where always dearer than the rest of the brands over here.
I might have to ride up to Newry to get a set fitted.

Sent from a U11

A thought....order them online & have them delivered to your tyre fitter of choice?

I did have a set of Road Attack 3's on prior to the TA3's, and those were also superb (wet & dry) but did wear slightly quicker than the TA3's.

A thought....order them online & have them delivered to your tyre fitter of choice?

I did have a set of Road Attack 3's on prior to the TA3's, and those were also superb (wet & dry) but did wear slightly quicker than the TA3's.
It's a funny old game over here............asking someone to fit a tyre they haven't sold you themselves is like insulting their loved ones!!! (you will pay dearly for it)

Sent from a U11

It's a funny old game over here............asking someone to fit a tyre they haven't sold you themselves is like insulting their loved ones!!! (you will pay dearly for it)

Sent from a U11

My KTM dealer said they would fit tyres I'd ordered/had delivered to them, but an extra fee would be charged as I hadn't bought through them.

So I bought tyres through them, and although slightly more expensive for the rubber....no additional fee charged for fitting/balancing, but charged for enviro disposal.....so worked out cheaper ;)

My KTM dealer said they would fit tyres I'd ordered/had delivered to them, but an extra fee would be charged as I hadn't bought through them.

So I bought tyres through them, and although slightly more expensive for the rubber....no additional fee charged for fitting/balancing, but charged for enviro disposal.....so worked out cheaper ;)
I'll give Duffy's (our BMW dealer) a call on Tuesday.

Sent from a U11

Off topic.....

Is your Super Adventure the white "T" model??
If so, on paper it seems to be the ultimate solution.........is it?

Sent from a U11

Same here keith in Freiburg, once you have added all the rest better to let dealer do it, and if they knacker something up, warranty is good. :beerjug:

Off topic.....

Is your Super Adventure the white "T" model??
If so, on paper it seems to be the ultimate solution.........is it?

Sent from a U11

Yes, it's the T version & works perfectly for me :D

I came from a 07 GSA12 which I loved and it did everything I hoped for; I just wanted something a bit newer/faster etc, and the Super Adventure is really well put together, and 'quality' components seem to be standard.

Yes, it's the T version & works perfectly for me :D

I came from a 07 GSA12 which I loved and it did everything I hoped for; I just wanted something a bit newer/faster etc, and the Super Adventure is really well put together, and 'quality' components seem to be standard.
Cheers, it's kinda top of my list for when the time comes to move on from my 07 GSA.

Was there much acclimatisation going back to a conventional front fork.
I have done about 100,000kms now on the telelever set up and it's my only bike. I have gotten very used to it. Is the anti-dive on the electric WP suspension effective??

Sent from a U11

Cheers, it's kinda top of my list for when the time comes to move on from my 07 GSA.

Was there much acclimatisation going back to a conventional front fork.
I have done about 100,000kms now on the telelever set up and it's my only bike. I have gotten very used to it. Is the anti-dive on the electric WP suspension effective??

Sent from a U11

The GSA12 (which had 80,000 kms on it when I got rid) had been my only telelever/shaft drive bike, so returning to conventional forks/chain drive took (for me anyway) less than a second :D

Anti dive/ABS/traction control etc all works fine; alot of the bikes nowadays have so much electrickery that riding is effectively effortless.

I love the engine/performance/exhaust sound & the torque that is delivered.....always has me smiling.

Back
Top Bottom