Cooling fans or not, that's the ?

MOT issues ??

Local tester was forced to fail my GSA last week for my HiD50's despite passing them previously, he says VOSA are now coming down hard on testers. He told me to refit them once tested if I wanted (after passing the retest with filament lamps) but I can't be arsed with the faff and possible insurance mod malarkey.

HiD's will fail because the lenses are not matched to HiDs,

My lights have gone through twice now with no problems ...

Any issues and i'm going to stick in Osram nightbreakers, now they will causes a fuss ;)

Well. I fitted an entirely new LED headlamp! The beam is not biased - meaning it produces horizontal line - and it's comfortably below the beam height that I've read up for the MOT. During that research I discovered that a number of manufacturers have released bikes with horizontal, unbiased light beams and it is detailed in the documentation also...

My MOT is not due for another 6 months. I'm intrigued to see what response, if any.

But really, that effing OEM candle is shocking. It's crap. I appreciate that some modifications can be a hazard, including lighting modifications. The headlamp I fitted isn't one of them... there's no question it's acceptable lighting. I have been able to adjust it to a good height. The beam is precise and not a washout like some of those bloody 'souped up' cars I'm sure we've all seen. This headlight is made to be a headlight. I love it and feel a lot safer for it.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Well. I fitted an entirely new LED headlamp! The beam is not biased - meaning it produces horizontal line - and it's comfortably below the beam height that I've read up for the MOT. During that research I discovered that a number of manufacturers have released bikes with horizontal, unbiased light beams and it is detailed in the documentation also...

My MOT is not due for another 6 months. I'm intrigued to see what response, if any.

But really, that effing OEM candle is shocking. It's crap. I appreciate that some modifications can be a hazard, including lighting modifications. The headlamp I fitted isn't one of them... there's no question it's acceptable lighting. I have been able to adjust it to a good height. The beam is precise and not a washout like some of those bloody 'souped up' cars I'm sure we've all seen. This headlight is made to be a headlight. I love it and feel a lot safer for it.

Have you fitted one of the aftermarket led units available on Ebay?

Have you fitted one of the aftermarket led units available on Ebay?
I did start out with an LED replacement in the OEM headlight. Actually it was good, once I sorted the overheating issue. I bought the rather expensive sol2.be item, but since found a dual set of the same item for half the price

But I now see the LED headlamp I bought is another 50 USD less than when I bought mine!! So they're about £120 now. I think that's damned good and there are no overheating problems, the lighting is superb.

Back
Top Bottom