Screen strenghtening brackets Black Knob tweak

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
:D Well suppose I have got your attention this far, well for those of us who forget as quick as a flash to not tighten the screen strengthener black knob after adjusting the screen, and obviously the outcome of this is the Knob wriggling it,s way out of the hole, and bashing you in the neck on the road, some will think it was a big black bee like myself, until I got home and realised, so although the 15mm long one,s supplied are perfect for the job, if you pay attention, not like myself, so I bought some 25mm long one,s and simply put a spring washer, and 2 normal washers, and a 6mm nylon locking nut on the end, this now allows me to either not lock down completely the screen, and move it up and down, without worrying about losing the black knob, if it vibrates a little, just lock it down, but all in all this is just to not lose the black knob at speed, pictures and links of black knobs bought below, you will obviosly be able to get the local.

https://www.amazon.de/dp/B06Y41QBMM/ref=pe_3044161_189395811_TE_SCE_dp_2

This is a top modification and one I will be doing after having one ‘go missing”’ on a long trip and having to make a pit stop at Halfords to get a temp fix.

I lost one of mine too. I replaced them both with Torx dome heads as I hardly ever move my screen.
I just took the right torx key on tour recently to drop the screen down for the Autorail section.

Back
Top Bottom