Knocking through foot pegs

Topcat502

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all...
After some advice if anyone can help..
So, the other day on the motorway I started to get and irregular, regular knocking in the foot pegs. Sometimes faint, other times quite noticeable..
Managed to limp home with two up and fully kitted.
Stripped the old girl down today and noticed that the suspension was too stiff to raise the swing arm, clearing enough room to remove the drive shaft.
Attached is a pic showing what looks like the drive shaft catching the swing arm.. (it's polished up a part of the UJ)
The drive shaft seems good, no play in the UJ and moving freely.
The suspension seems to go up and down on the ESA settings..
I've not had a problem jacking the swing arm before to remove the drive shaft so a little baffled as to what is happening..
My gut says the ESA shock..
R1200 GSA 2008 33000 Miles on the clock.
Thx for looking.. :thumby:

Attachments

• 20190817_115106.jpg
    20190817_115106.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 473
Forgot to metion that there is some slight resistance to the UJ on the final drive side... Suppose that aint helping either...

What shape are tyres in?

Drive shaft UJ has tight spot. I thnk mikeyboy on here can replace the UJs for you

What that puzzles me is (if the UJs have in fact gone) is why the knocking isn't not there all the time?

Just a thought, but are the paralever bearings fooked and locking up? I could see how they might lock up the position of the swingarm

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Hi all. Apologies for the delay in the update. Turns out it was the final drive on the way out. The guys at Overland and Classic have done a cracking job!! Bike feels great again now. When I first checked the play in the wheel, there was hardly any. It was only later when spinning the wheel repeatedly (seemed like a good check to do lol) that I noticed it get tight (slightly) then spin freely again.. It wasn't the best looking bearing when I went to pick the final drive back up.. Thx to the guys at Overland and Classic and a thumbs up to Charlie in particular for the updates and repair.. Hope this helps others. Feel free to give me a shout if yer need any more info. Kev

Back
Top Bottom