Workshop Manual and Powerpoint plug questions

Oldplodder

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have just received my F850GS and already started the process of adding bits .

I would like to take some panels off to route my cables to under the seat and I was wondering if anyone knows of an on-line resource i.e. online workshop manual or something where I can find out how to remove panels without breaking them.

I also want to find a switched 12v plug somewhere the under the seat as I cannot spot one at the moment. My Zumo 660 power lead is quite long and I do not want to shorten it as I want the other leads to reach my Starcom intercom which will be under the seat.

Hoping for favourable replies.
Dave T

12v plug

Hi Dave.
I've had my 850 apart to run cables for spot lights.
It's quite an easy process to get the panels off the 850GS as it's very well designed. There is a good you tube video on how to remove them to fit crash bars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh3oXAVZ1a0

As for the 12v switched plug, I didn't find one under the seat, but I wasn't really looking for one there.
I do know there is a spare one under the clocks or TFT screen (left side as you sit on the bike). You can get to it without removing any panels but it's easier when the panels are off. The picture is looking up under the display from the left side.

Hope this helps.

Dave.

Attachments

• 12v plug 1.jpg
    12v plug 1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 258
As you look at the picture the right side where the wires go in is the live connector. The part on the left is just a blank plug to keep water out.
The oblong part with the little hole needs to be pulled down with your nail and that will allow the blanking plug to be removed.
Dave.

Back
Top Bottom