Tent u can stand up in

Jessydog

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi

I’m after a tent that you can stand up in that’s not too big for the bike.

Any ideas at all??

Many thanks.

I’m currently on a 5 week tour of France & Spain & bought a used Redverz Solo and it’s been fantastic. Small & light, easy to put up & take down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love my khyams.
Had a Freelander with the missus. Good size prch on the front. Big enough to stand in when in the front porch. Bedroom part is lower but still roomy.
I use a biker plus now. Easy to put up. Good size porch and I can stand in it, just,. I'm 6'4"
The biker is a smaller pack size than the Freelander and a few kgs lighter.

We have a Redverz Atacama. Nice and big and tall. But, it packs big too. It’s fine if you ride solo - just strap it to the pillion seat but a bit of a problem if you ride with an actual pillion on the pillion seat. There’s also loads and loads of fabric to deal with that always seems to be covered in condensation when packing it up. Ours is relegated to car camping now.

What do you want a tall tent for? It’s all very well being able to stand upright but everything else is on the floor all the time. You end up crawling or kneeling anyway and unless you still have good balance getting dressed stood up with nothing to hold onto can be amusing, especially to anyone who happens to be with you. 😏

Like my Robens Green Cone. OK if you are not too tall, single pole makes it easy to put up and take down.

Tom

I've a 'Biker plus', It's big enough to stand up in with a fantastic porch, takes a little longer to put up but packs almost to the same size as the standard biker.

Yep, totally agree, I’ve got the moto tent. It’s done several European trips and withstood some pretty spectacular downpours without letting anything in and this year we had 50mph gales in France and thunderstorms which it managed with ease. Some hate the idea of having the bike in the tent with you, just put something under the stand so it doesn’t fall on you in the night. I find it’s brilliant for hanging stuff on and drying things. Also there is a smug happiness when you know your mates bike is outside in the typhoon. You pay for what you get, it’s quite pricey but worth the punt.

+1 for Kyham freelander.
Really quick and easy to put up and take down with plenty of room.
Cons - the tie back toggles leak a bit in heavy rain. Large and heavy when packed - not a problem for us as we’re on 2 bikes.

Interesting point that AustinW raises and s/he’s right, everything is on the floor including the zips to open the door so you’re still crawling around :blast.
The height, for me, has 3 advantages:
Putting pants and trousers on.
If it’s raining and you want to sit in the porch on a decent height camping chair.
During the day if you’re hanging round the campsite and the weather is nice you can leave the tent door open - if you need anything you can just walk in a bend down to get it so no hands and knees.

I’ve got a Redverz that I never use and thinking that I might sell. I’ve broken my back and think my camping days are probably over. I’ve still got my Vaude tent if I decide to have just a one night night camp.

Back
Top Bottom