Phone mount instead of Sat Nat?

Thanks.
Considering how shit the Wunderlinq lot have been on actually updating anyone after posting on here to begin with it’s no wonder there aren’t more Tossers with them.
I seriously looked at it with the 1200 but the lack of anything other than their videos and no real world reviews I canned it.
1250 lands next week so not sure it’s necessary on that other than somewhere to put the phone and £30 on Aliexpress solves that.

Thanks for posting the video it does confirm what I thought, the interface looks pretty clonky and at the price, definitely a no-no IMO.

Please don't take it the wrong way, just my personal opinion.

Thanks for posting the video it does confirm what I thought, the interface looks pretty clonky and at the price, definitely a no-no IMO.

Please don't take it the wrong way, just my personal opinion.

No offence taken, that video was made on early release alpha software, they are much slicker and you have full customisation of the interface.

I think the comm’s issues come by virtue of the guys who made it are developers, not marketers, and so love the development work and the software, it could maybe do with a marketing guru to pitch in with them.

The software in the vid was an alpha test release I was using as I’d just gone from an analogue clock GSA to a Rallye with TFT, and wanted to test it with the TFT as it was having some issues.

I bought 2 one for my gs and 1 for the missus rs both work fantastic with tom tom go on mobile phone

SORRY NO, I bought 2 from ali express. the ones that fasten into the original mount. we use tom tom go. don't need a signal for that. never had a problem in a year.

No offence taken, that video was made on early release alpha software, they are much slicker and you have full customisation of the interface.

I think the comm’s issues come by virtue of the guys who made it are developers, not marketers, and so love the development work and the software, it could maybe do with a marketing guru to pitch in with them.

The software in the vid was an alpha test release I was using as I’d just gone from an analogue clock GSA to a Rallye with TFT, and wanted to test it with the TFT as it was having some issues.

Thanks, Fluffmeister. He's exactly right were two engineers who suck at marketing :)

PS. beware of those Aliexpress mounts, they don't deliver nearly the current they advertise and they deliver it out of USB spec. Here are the specifics if interested. That being said I've never heard anyone's phone burn up from them :)

I used my amazon music plus the tom tom go apps whilst riding and my galaxy note 4 charges up to full at same time. I haven't noticed any problems power wise using my mount from ali express.
not saying there isn't any with problems mind just that mine is ok

Do you now have the latest software iinstalled? I would love to see another video, also showing the wonderwheel operating a navigation app.

Ive just ordered a Wunderlinq from the US which will be here just after Christmas. I will post a video once it arrives showing the functionality.

This is my setup

Attachments

• DA5BF2C2-A45E-42DC-9083-B996F70583F8.jpg
    DA5BF2C2-A45E-42DC-9083-B996F70583F8.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 316
This issue I had in France using my phone as a satnav was that it heated up to a point where it shut down and I couldn't restart it until I'd sandwiched it between 2 cans of cold Pepsi for 20 minutes.
I've never had this with my TomTom rider.

I’ve glued a phone case to the cover that goes over the satnav mount. Just slip the phone in when required I can send photos if requested. JJH

Latest homemade phone holder is a removed tanklock mechanisms which leaves a round flat plate which fixes to the tank and I’ve siliconed a phone case to it. Works grand. JJH

For anyone wondering how I carry a tank bag I’ve glued a tank ring to the top of my helmet. JJH

Ive just ordered a Wunderlinq from the US which will be here just after Christmas. I will post a video once it arrives showing the functionality.

Will you be using this instead of a dedicated satnav ?

Back
Top Bottom