1250 GS or GSA?

I never liked the look of all that scaffolding around the back of the GSA.

Handy though in the event of a fall, especially with Panniers fitted. When riding the bike you don't see it so never saw the problem. Lets face it, the GS is a bit of an ugly duckling to begin with ( in the eye of the beholder and all that)

Has anyone upgraded to the Akrapovic can on the 1250? The BMW one seems different to the one showed on the Akrapovic website. Any advice on the end can? I just prefer the noise and look of the different can over the standard.

Don't buy a euro 4 can then. Find a used euro 3 Akra which you can take the baffles out of.

Try a Remus black hawk.
Ive got one and its great IMHO...lighter than the OEM, smaller, better looking, and a nice noise....

And better that all, I got it on here pre-loved, in great condition, at a decent price.
(Even new they are far cheaper than an Acropovic)

Bubb

I’ve fitted a black euro3 Akrapovic to my 1250Gsa and now with the baffles out it sounds great not to loud but enough to get that grin going! Bought it from Nippy Norman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here is mine

Attachments

• IMG-20190318-WA0001 (2).jpg
    IMG-20190318-WA0001 (2).jpg
    157.1 KB · Views: 286
On the subject of Akra still find it utterly shit that when I moved to a full ti system I lost the carbon shield which links the headers to the exhaust. The carbon only fits on the standard headers and they instead give you a shit titanium cover to use. Three years later and it still irks me.

That’s great. Thanks for the comments. I will think more on it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EU3 Akra on my 1250 is brilliant

4f26e0ac5c159d6df61267b3a7abdf4c.jpg

Ooh, that looks lovely! What luggage rack system is that?

It’s Bumot. Bumot side panniers (best around imho) and use the BMW Vario topbox for regular duty.

0fc6f0bab35cc438c936d93eabcfe1db.jpg

Back
Top Bottom