Peddars Way, Suffolk\Norfolk

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had a cracking trail ride yesterday following the Dawn 2 Dusk route from Haverhill towards Hunstanton. Question re the route... half way along we came upon a railway crossing (bypassed via a subway) the trail beyond which was signposted as Peddars Way, a restricted byway. Our maps suggested the same so we circumvented it. However, according to our GPX trail it forms part of the D2D route

So, is there permissive access as a special occasion (D2D) or is it a no no hence our diversion?

Much appreciated if any local knowledge can assist :thumb2

Not heard of that route, is there a link ? GPS route?
Where is the rail crossing exactly ?
As you can see I am in Norfolk.
thanks John.

This is the route with a close up of the section

6befe8dbb71af00964fcaf08d96d3dcb.jpg

58d1c76d04680e1686b85f3d8dc3b72d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry cannot identify where that location is grid reference might be useful. :)

would it b just after you cross the A11 near the tea stop?

Half pint is on the ball then, I can picture the crossing, but don’t know the current status, in guessing there is someone one in Norfolk County Council who could help

Are you talking about the section after you go under the very low subway bridge to the village of Wretham, or beyond Wretham when it goes back into Thetford Forest?

after the bridge tand passed the cottage the trail splits in two . which one north or west ?

after the bridge tand passed the cottage the trail splits in two . which one north or west ?

Both can be used. The north one leads to the villages of Wretham and Thompson and is used all the time on the TRF runs. The west leads deeper into Thetford Forest and ends up near Brandon. It wasn't permissive access just for the D2D event.

It was the North one Halfpint :thumb2

Snowy et al,thanks for your persistance and knowledge. Next time we’ll take the route, it’s frustrating it’s signposted as restricted if there’s access after all. Good day out though, if a little long (sore butt)

Next visit we’ll probably stay at Puddledock Farm and split it over two days

Nice to see you boys out and about. If you go and have a pint and fish-n-chips at Wells pour on a little extra vinegar for me! :)

Simon

Back
Top Bottom