1250 GSA footrest trouble

Arfamow

Reaction score
Does anyone else with a 1250 have a problem with the left hand footrest rubbing and wearing a hole in their trousers when you’ve got your foot on the floor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else with a 1250 have a problem with the left hand footrest rubbing and wearing a hole in their trousers when you’ve got your foot on the floor?

Guess it’s just me then!

How long are your feet on the floor to wear a hole in your trousers ?

Put your feet on the pegs ....problem solved or spread your feet wider to avoid peg contact

Don't ride with your feet down, do you ?

No, is the simple answer.

When you say rubbing a hole, are you sure the trousers have not just ripped on the footpeg serration.

How long are your feet on the floor to wear a hole in your trousers ?

Put your feet on the pegs ....problem solved or spread your feet wider to avoid peg contact

Don't ride with your feet down, do you ?

Not that long, I’d assumed it was natural wear and tear as the trousers are 3 years old and I commute all year round on the bike, but then I noticed some wear marks in the same place on my other trousers. I gaffer taped the hole and now the gaffer tape is getting shredded. It can only be the serrations on the foot pegs but I can’t see or feel and particularly sharp edges on then. I’m going to take a file to them anyway.

No, is the simple answer.

When you say rubbing a hole, are you sure the trousers have not just ripped on the footpeg serration.

The serrations have rubbed through over a period of time, rather than a ‘one off’ rip - I was just curious to know if anyone else had the same thing.

The serrations have rubbed through over a period of time, rather than a ‘one off’ rip - I was just curious to know if anyone else had the same thing.

ac793feaf13d6d3c65f92b8df76fe16b.jpg

So, that nice man at Cymarc came up with this 3D printed solution. Allegedly to save boot wear but also very neatly solves my trouser issues. At least the trouser issues I'm prepared to share here....

Back
Top Bottom