Textile repairs.

Clem

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have a Streetguard 3 jacket which has what appears to be a self healing zip (all the teeth can independently rotate) which is now failing. Jams when zipping up, even after I reset the teeth and also bursts open.

We used to have a great repair place up here in Washington (Goretex certified etc) but they've closed down. Anyone know of any good repair places?

I've picked up a cheap (£50) Streetguard 2 from eBay but I'd really like the 3 fixing if I can.

Ta.

Hideout Leather, do very good textile and leather repairs. In fact they can repair just about anything remotely ‘textile’. I got them to put a new zip into a tank bag. Definitely recommended.

Scrubbers, in Coventry do very good cleaning but I’m not sure if they do full on zip repairs. Call them, perhaps?

Failing that, if you pump ‘textile repair ukgser’, into Google, a lot of threads will ping up.

Hideout Leather, do very good textile and leather repairs. In fact they can repair just about anything remotely ‘textile’. I got them to put a new zip into a tank bag. Definitely recommended.

Scrubbers, in Coventry do very good cleaning but I’m not sure if they do full on zip repairs. Call them, perhaps?

Failing that, if you pump ‘textile repair ukgser’, into Google, a lot of threads will ping up.

+1 for Hideout.
They fitted new calf zips to my leathers and you would never know.

Tom

Try Lancashire Sports Repairs, they did an excellent job on replacing a waterproof zip on my Klim trousers.

I've used these fine folk for a couple of repairs and alterations, they're BMW's approved repairers, apparently - https://lancashiresportsrepairs.co.uk/motor-cycle-clothing-repairs/

Pete

I too highly recommend LSR, I've had two Goretex Cordura jackets and a pair of trousers repaired by them. The first jacket was crash damaged, they replaced the torn cordura material whilst ensuring the Goretex liner was kept intact and replaced some press studs. The second jacket had a bust zip, it was of the waterproof type and they replaced it with an identical one. The trousers had some adjustments made. Their work was excellent and reasonably priced. (I think it was £35 for the jacket zip.)

Looking good for LSR based on the recommendations.
Thanks for the input!

Frustrating that the local option is no more up here.

Just been reading the Scrubbers website and looking at some of their examples of their revive service, looks pretty impressive!

I have the dubious honour of owning the orange and light grey version of the Streetguard3, despite washing as per instructions, the lighter parts fail to come clean-its not even as though I commute in it. I imagine the same crap ends up on all clothing it’s just that the darker colours hide it..
I think I’ll try their service after next trip

Back
Top Bottom