Which rear mudguard thingy ?? (again probably !)

newbuild100

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So, in an effort to stop all the road surface water coming up from the rear wheel and soaking his legs, a mate has fitted a Machine Art/Mudsling to his LC..

Whilst im sure the MA one does the job, there seems to be a few cheaper ones on the market (1/5 of the price of the MA ones in some cases). Im thinking of fitting one to my own LC, so Question is, do the cheap ones do the same job as the expensive ones ??

Which cheaper should I go for (or avoid). . . .or are they all crap ???
Any opinions welcome guys

Thanks in advance

I can vouch for this item too, i bought one on smog's advice however i also use a Puig hugger so double protection.

No idea on Smog's suggestion, but I found the hugger next to useless and now just have MA Mudsling and happy with it.

I bought a cheaper one, the problem I have is that the large bolt that holds it was coming undone. Did the NC500 and the bolt nearly fell out, literally holding in by one maybe two turns. I put thread locker on it 243 and it came loose again.
Took it off and fitted the original bolt to see what happens.
So be warned.

I bought a cheaper one, the problem I have is that the large bolt that holds it was coming undone.

I'm generally wary of knock-off's as they don't have the development experience of the designer.

The smaller screw on a Puig hugger is the second caliper bolt...

Have you tried it without?

The Puig ones are not inexpensive and (for me) was worse than a hugger.

Luckily i bought it from a fellow member on here at a reasonable price. Had i had to pay full retail, then i might have thought twice. No i havent tried it without the Isotta because it was fitted first and i couldnt be bothered removing it. All i know is even in the foulest weather a couple of weeks ago i had zero muck on the back of my legs when the bike was covered in it at the front. I cant really say much more, other than, what i have seems to do the job.

From M&P for £24 and BMW infills, I never had problems.

Attachments

• FA396813-5184-4213-BC0D-732251E6F6A5.jpg
    FA396813-5184-4213-BC0D-732251E6F6A5.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 364
For me the most effective muck stoppers are the Puig infill panels, I fitted the Puig hugger first, didn't make much difference. I then fitted a Chinese copy Mudsling which worked vey well at keeping the shock clean but not me, finally I fitted the Puig infill panels and, voila, no more dirt on me or the missus.

From M&P for £24 and BMW infills, I never had problems.

Got one of these brilliant balue and exactly same as a machineart mudsling for a fifth of the price. I should know ive bern ripped of for mudsling previously, never again.they do a front self tapping mudguard too

I tried the genuine item and found the tyre rubbed, so in the end purchased this and no problems.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorcycle...ADV+2013-2016&qid=1566219099&s=gateway&sr=8-1

I bought that one too along with the front fender extender which was identical to the one nippy sells for £57 ! Cost me £35 for the pair. However after i fitted the mudsling i thought it looked and fitted pretty poor so i removed it and fitted what I currently have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom