K1200s Question

Pluribus

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Is it worth me fitting a booster plug to my K1200s to smooth out the low rpm jerky fuelling ?

Anyone fitted one and if so, would you recommend doing so.

Thanks

Pluribus

Not quite answering your Q but have you had all the mods carried out on yours? I had a 2007 K12S and it was a complete pig at low revs around town. CWs tried to fix it many times and It took several firmware updates and ISTR finally a replacement airbox before it was fixed (all under warranty).

Not quite answering your Q but have you had all the mods carried out on yours? I had a 2007 K12S and it was a complete pig at low revs around town. CWs tried to fix it many times and It took several firmware updates and ISTR finally a replacement airbox before it was fixed (all under warranty).

Not sure, am going to check with BMW this week....only picked it up on Thursday last week. Thanks for the pointer though.

Pluribus.

You might find a bit more expertise over on the Eurokclub website - eurokclub.bike

Clutch mod

Have a look at clutch to see if its been modified. As bmw charge over 2000 gbp for parts alone. its a simple mod and can save alot of money. Google it.

Thanks great Scott, tractors are go and it's all poo. I will check out all the points raised and the website. Glad it's not just me. It's a cracking bike and above 3k it's very smooth. But very jerky low down the rev range.

Pluribus

Thanks great Scott, tractors are go and it's all poo. I will check out all the points raised and the website. Glad it's not just me. It's a cracking bike and above 3k it's very smooth. But very jerky low down the rev range.

Pluribus
Join EuroKclub, it isn't as big as here although some of the technical stuff isn't too bad, there just isn't the depth of knowledge of UKgser.

When were the valves last done, it's a drain radiator, cams out job so often doesn't get done, along with new plugs and air filter at the same time.

Synch the throttle bodies and the tps via a gs-911 also makes a difference to the smoothness.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

if this is no good you will get a very clunky drive.

this is a comon issue.

Attachments

• IMG-c45be51aaaf56e6bb8d4ba1ce1a62207-V.jpg
    IMG-c45be51aaaf56e6bb8d4ba1ce1a62207-V.jpg
    216.9 KB · Views: 187
K12s

Just got bike back from workshop and it's much smoother. The box is a little clunky but goes up and down gears smoothly with no struggle in any gear. I am finding that I need to use one gear lower than I am used to at speeds 35mph and lower.

Bike dealers charged me nothing which was a result.

Got to say when you open it up it's smooth and very very quick.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions they are appreciated.

Pluribus.

Last edited:
Just got bike back from workshop and it's much smoother. The box is a little clunky but goes up and down gears smoothly with no struggle in any gear. I am finding that I need to use one gear lower than I am used to at speeds 35mph and lower.

Bike dealers charged me nothing which was a result.

Got to say when you open it up it's smooth and very very quick.

Thanks for all the comments and suggestions they are appreciated.

Pluribus.

Good to hear :thumb2

If it's anything like the K13GT and the K13S I had it will never be smooth into first (embarrassing clunk at traffic lights!). But the rest of the box was always great and the power delivery is fantastic, it just keeps on giving well into three figures. I hope you found the Eurokclub site useful - there's a lot of good info on there although they tend to be a bit precious!

Good to hear :thumb2

If it's anything like the K13GT and the K13S I had it will never be smooth into first (embarrassing clunk at traffic lights!). But the rest of the box was always great and the power delivery is fantastic, it just keeps on giving well into three figures. I hope you found the Eurokclub site useful - there's a lot of good info on there although they tend to be a bit precious!
Even gs owners cringe with the noise a K13 makes on selecting first.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Haha.

Been on eurokclub site and there is some useful info on there. One thing I picked up was pausing after clutch lever pulled in before engaging first. This is 'supposed to make selection to first somewhat quieter'. Hmmmm. My neighbours will be pleased.

Pluribus

Back
Top Bottom