Self cancelling turn signals

RTV

Reaction score
Hi folks,

Another quick one for you as I'm getting familiar with my new (to me) Rallye.

I've noticed that the turn signals take way longer to self cancel compared to my previous hex head, haven't see anything in the manual on changing parameters there...

I mean, they really go on and on for quite a while.

Any suggestions/ideas?

Cheers
Rami

Do you tend to forget to cancel them yourself?
So I guess you don't know the answer to my question.

Let me entertain anyways....

No, no issues cancelling myself. Just was able to be a little bit more lazy on my previous bike as I knew they cancel right after my turning/changing lanes...

At 10 years younger I was expecting everything to be better and improved, its absolutely true for everything except this.

didn't know they were self canceling... as you say, they go on for ages and I'm sure ive left one on by mistake and seen it a mile down the road?
I always turn mine off...

When moving, the sooner of 300m and 12 secs comes to mind. If I start to indicate left at the 300m marker on a motorway, they have cancelled before I actually take the exit.

I can't find where I read this.

Hexhead bikes it was a dealer set option, might be same on new bikes?
I'll see if I can see anything on the computer, hopefully that's the case and I can reduce the time it takes... Makes sense, because the manual speaks about cancelling after the "predetermined time/distance" but it doesn't specify a value...

You might be on to something here!

takes a blooming age to turn off, mates are always flashing me to turn them off if I forget. Then on the motorway or big roundabout they turn too quickly, can't win eh

Well they must be adjustable because on my Rallye they cancel perfectly, after about three to four secs.

I'm confused, What are these indicators you speak of?

Pre LC models used to cancel much earlier, you used to have to ask the dealer to extend them to cancel after 300 metres of travel (approx), the maximum they could be set to self cancel (or at least I had to on my 2008 GS and on my 2010 GS Adventure). I believe they could also be set not to self cancel.
The first thing I noticed with my 2014 and 2018 GS adventures was that they came with the self cancelling at 300m out of the box, I'm not sure if you can get the dealer to reduce this.

Hi folks,

I've noticed that the turn signals take way longer to self cancel compared to my previous hex head, haven't see anything in the manual on changing parameters there...

Any suggestions/ideas?

Cheers
Rami

Normally they are set for 20s/200m whatever comes first, dealer can make this longer but not shorter I believe.

Hi folks,

Any suggestions/ideas?

Cheers
Rami

The dealer workshop can change it for you but it needs to be plugged into their laptop. There’s a pre-determined parameters.
I can’t remember the parameters but got mine changed at the dealer as I noticed that the self cancelling was too quick for my use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure that for the 'time' cancel, you have to be moving. I've never noticed them cancel while being stationary (lights etc).

I'm sure that for the 'time' cancel, you have to be moving. I've never noticed them cancel while being stationary (lights etc).

Yes, you do have to be moving. If you are stood still, say at lights, they will stay on.

Don't both timers have to zero to cancel? That's why when stationary they stay on, the time zeros but not the distance.

Its in the manual that we don't read, depends on how you push the button as to how long they stay on.

Its in the manual that we don't read, depends on how you push the button as to how long they stay on.

???? This is the entire section about turn indicators in the manual:

Turn indicators

Operating the turn indicators

Switching on ignition ( 56).
Push button 1 to the left to switch on the left turn indicators.
Push button 1 to the right to switch on the right turn indicators.
Operate button 1 in centre position to cancel the turn indicators.

Turn indicator cancellation
The turn indicators are cancelled automatically after the defined riding time and distance.

If you read page 74 of the owners manual, it is all explained.

f button 1 has been pressed to z the right or left, the turn indic-
ators are automatically switched off under the following circum- stances:
Speed below 30 km/h: after 50 m distance covered.
Speed between 30 km/h and 100 km/h: after a speed-de- pendent distance covered or in case of acceleration.
Speed over 100 km/h: after flashing five times.
If button 1 is pressed to the right or left slightly longer, the turn
Indicators only switch off automat- ically once the speed-dependent distance covered is reached.

If you read page 74 of the owners manual, it is all explained.

f button 1 has been pressed to z the right or left, the turn indic-
ators are automatically switched off under the following circum- stances:
Speed below 30 km/h: after 50 m distance covered.
Speed between 30 km/h and 100 km/h: after a speed-de- pendent distance covered or in case of acceleration.
Speed over 100 km/h: after flashing five times.
If button 1 is pressed to the right or left slightly longer, the turn
Indicators only switch off automat- ically once the speed-dependent distance covered is reached.

What year bike is this for?, my 2016 manual page 74 is cruise control.

Back
Top Bottom