2020 KTM 1290 info.......

Use auto cruise control all the time in the car. What’s not to like? Not sure about on a bike, but it would allow you to relax a little more on motorway stints....so probs great for commuters. But for me, I would stick to the standard cruise control unless it offered serious advantages. I use cruise on the bikes all the time for the boring bits.

Regarding the new model - I’ll say it’s going to be brilliant with the lower CofG. I knew it would be on the 790 and imagine it will be equally noticeable on the bigger machine.

However! I do love a V4. A Multistrada with a V4....that’s a potent weapon and serious competition to a great many bikes on the market and not just adventure bikes I suspect. However, the 1290 is the go-to for 2 up touring and unless the Multi gets more roomy it’ll still be too cramped for 2 on board trips. Unless you’re a pair of hobbits. You do see pillion’s on a Multi, but I always think they look squished on the back seat.

I can just see it now

Arsey buys a 1250 GSA

NuttyKTMer becomes NuttyGSer as he has swapped more times than I have changed my underpants

I can just see it now

Arsey buys a 1250 GSA

NuttyKTMer becomes NuttyGSer as he has swapped more times than I have changed my underpants

Liquid lunch today? :D

I will wait a couple of years for the Beta Testers to pay £18k a pop for the privilege and then buy a leftover 2021 model in the winter sale with 25% discount.

Bike looks good to me, but would still prefer a "base" model with conventional suspension, "basic" cruise, a real key and normal lights - a good few lbs / £££ lighter :)

The active suspension can be tweaked which can make a big difference - several threads on adv rider site - look for posts by “Hoss1”

I’ve updated the rear spring and increased front preload on my SA-T and it’s made a huge difference. (For the better!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom