2020 KTM 1290 info.......

Nutty

Reaction score
KTM 1290 SUPER ADVENTURE 2020!

https://www.motorrad-magazin.at/motorrad-magazin.at/artikel/1/85/3901/KTM+1290+Super+Adventure+2020

“New, more massive fairing
LC8-V2 with improvements in detail
World's first motorcycle with radar-based cruise control

Initially introduced as a particularly opulent version of the then 1190 Adventure , it has now taken the place as the sole flagship in the model range of KTM: the 1290 Super Adventure.

In order not to let them fall behind in the arms race of the manufacturers and at the same time to make them fit for the Euro 5 exhaust and noise emission rules that will apply from 2021 onwards, the Austrians will spend their large-enduro from the end of 2019 on an extensive model revision.

The most striking innovation is an extremely bulky fairing, which should provide improved wind protection and under which now an even larger, similar to the 790 Adventure, particularly low installed, two-piece tank can be found. This solution is favorable from a driving dynamics point of view in on- and off-road use, because it brings a low center of gravity with it. At the same time, this creates space for newly designed and then divided, larger-sized and therefore more efficient cooler. These are needed for cleaner combustion in the engine - a must in order to meet the stringent EU5 emissions limits.

This is the most obvious of the changes that will benefit the continued LC8-V2. Also noteworthy is the new, massively enlarged muffler whose dimensions also take into account primarily the emission control and noise reduction. But also in the interior of the engine fine tuning is to be expected, which should result in a little more power and torque and continue to bring 1301 cubic centimeters and then just under 170 hp rated power, which they almost on par with their main competitor, who also in the November at the EICMA expected Ducati Multistrada V4 will face.

With this share, however, the KTM will be a world novelty: Initially, only at an additional cost, a radar-controlled cruise control will be available on both models. The system supplied by Bosch uses radar sensors to monitor the surroundings of the motorcycle and thus help to keep the distance to the vehicle in front constant and also helps to prevent collisions via optical and acoustic warning signals.

Other technical innovations include a slightly modified and reinforced tubular steel frame, but based largely on the current 1290 Super Adventure. New, however, are the cast aluminum rear frame and the more massive swingarm. On brakes and the well-known semi-active suspension from WP is to expect only detail work.

Along with an arsenal of well-known electronic helpers like off-mode cornering ABS, various engine modes, incline-based traction control and more. The innovations should ensure that the model until the launch of a completely new developed Super Adventure medium term to keep up to date.”

Attachments

• 4AD59163-CEC9-41D9-918C-99AA1C6C9AC8.jpeg
    4AD59163-CEC9-41D9-918C-99AA1C6C9AC8.jpeg
    149.5 KB · Views: 540
  • 8E2352C3-90F1-4F6C-9CAD-C84AA20A2D9E.jpeg
    8E2352C3-90F1-4F6C-9CAD-C84AA20A2D9E.jpeg
    126.6 KB · Views: 527
  • 71FB04B0-6DCF-400F-9901-36B054FBBBD3.jpeg
    71FB04B0-6DCF-400F-9901-36B054FBBBD3.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 537
For once I think I agree with you :eek:

…….then again lets see what the finished version actually looks like ;)

Looks a bit like a Crosstourer to me :nenau

Not my kinda thing at all but I don't think it looks tooooooooooo bad for what it is (especially if they get the graphics right on it) and KTM seem to be moving their big LC8 closer and closer to a GS..................

Andres

Looks a bit like a Crosstourer to me :nenau

Not my kinda thing at all but I don't think it looks tooooooooooo bad for what it is (especially if they get the graphics right on it) and KTM seem to be moving their big LC8 closer and closer to a GS..................

Andres

Some would argue the LC8 moved towards the lardy GS when the 990adv finished :)

Some would argue the LC8 moved towards the lardy GS when the 990adv finished :)

I wouldn't disagree (other than the 1190R, naturally ;) ) ~ I think now though they are almost there with a bike like this. It'll be interesting to see how more mainstream KTM manage to become with the bike; I predict increased sales :nenau

Andres

I’d have that, and I love adaptive cruise in my cars.

(Its’s also being fitted to next year’s Ducati Multistrada)

It’s really the only kind of cruise control that works for me on congested UK motorways, and doing over 30k Miles a year it’s a real bonus.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

I’d have that, and I love adaptive cruise in my cars.

(Its’s also being fitted to next year’s Ducati Multistrada)

It’s really the only kind of cruise control that works for me on congested UK motorways, and doing over 30k Miles a year it’s a real bonus.

In those conditions it’s probably great, especially if it’s an auto that can go right to a stop and pull off again in traffic jams

Wifey’s had it on her last 2 company cars and I hate it for traffic conditions over here, I just got normal CC on mine

Agreed - no way it could work on anything but a big torque auto! (Or a tourquey twin)

Apart from the exhaust which looks ridiculously mahoosive i quite like the look of the bike

I would never ever buy one mainly because of its sheer size and bulk. Never say never ....

KTM do seem to be losing their way a little by what seems to be chasing the sales and the money and becoming ever more BMW like and I expect to see the quality decrease just like BMWs instead of the "old" KTM which was more niche and product focused

Back
Top Bottom