Finish Issues on 2016 GS Triple Black

I’m using the BMW stuff that Motorrad dealers sell. Seems good.

A chum's brother had the black finish taken off the forks of his Triple Black GS by one of the bike cleaning fluids. I can't remember which one it was. :blast

Which reminds me I need to order more Fuchs Wash-Off for my bike. :thumby:

Muc off Charles, it was Muc off.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your comments, been busy running my Blood Bike Group ;)

I use Valet Pro Dragons Breath which is pH 7-8 so as near as damn it neutral, the bike has been ACF 50’d from new and it shows :D

Some interesting comments and I will try some of them to see how the wheels come up, someone mention spraying or powder coating the wheels, is that possible with a spoked wheel?

If the spokes go loose, get some free new wheels under warranty or goodwill

If the spokes go loose, get some free new wheels under warranty or goodwill

Fagin - JB is right, you know how to check for loose spokes yeah? Just tap them with (something like) a tyre lever and listen for a change in `note` indicating something ain`t right!

SDOC do a Colour Refresher product - in aerosol. Very good on plastic, less so on my black gearbox (dulled by Muc-off I suspect).
Long-lasting but not permanent. Should be worth a try.

Sorry for the delay in replying to your comments, been busy running my Blood Bike Group ;)

I use Valet Pro Dragons Breath which is pH 7-8 so as near as damn it neutral, the bike has been ACF 50’d from new and it shows :D

Some interesting comments and I will try some of them to see how the wheels come up, someone mention spraying or powder coating the wheels, is that possible with a spoked wheel?

When I had my GSA12, I removed the wheels and had them anodised in black, and also had black spokes fitted....so yes, you can get them treated.

If you do get your wheels refurbed, before you re-fit them apply a couple of coats of a nanotech/ceramic coating; I did this to my spoked wheels on the KTM and it protects them superbly from corrosion.

When I had my GSA12, I removed the wheels and had them anodised in black, and also had black spokes fitted....so yes, you can get them treated.

If you do get your wheels refurbed, before you re-fit them apply a couple of coats of a nanotech/ceramic coating; I did this to my spoked wheels on the KTM and it protects them superbly from corrosion.

KTM corroding ?? Surely not :comfort:jes:jes:jes:flag:flag :green gri:D

Hi Bounce, so do you think it would be possible to anodise just the black parts of the rims and if so would you need to remove the spokes prior to treatment?

Hi Bounce, so do you think it would be possible to anodise just the black parts of the rims and if so would you need to remove the spokes prior to treatment?

Yes and yes id say, so you would need a wheel builder who knows what he’s doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom