Up and back risers something different

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
This is not a new up and back riser thread, it is a simple heads up to all that fit them, and maybe forget to level off the front brake and clutch cylinders, it is easy to forget to do this , but easy to fix, just loosen the 2 mirror torx T30 screws and turn until you get the cylinders lever with the T mark on the handlebar, I am off to my naughty corner as forgot to do that, and one of the main reasons to always put a towel around the brake cylinder before you open it for whatever reason. :augie:hide

Yes in a similar notion I was bleeding some front brakes Sunday and started with the cap off,of course on depressing the brake handle the fluid spat a lovely arc high into the air........hmm I better put the cover on before I go further :blast:eek:

Yes in a similar notion I was bleeding some front brakes Sunday and started with the cap off,of course on depressing the brake handle the fluid spat a lovely arc high into the air........hmm I better put the cover on before I go further :blast:eek:

Oh dear, yep think this thread might be more useful now, I actually noticed when looking into the sight glass, thought that does not look straight. :blast

but isn't the up and back riser just used to move the mount up and back?.. don't the bars stop in the exact same plane as they were before?.. so no need to move anything? when I fitted mine, even the mirrors were right?

but isn't the up and back riser just used to move the mount up and back?.. don't the bars stop in the exact same plane as they were before?.. so no need to move anything? when I fitted mine, even the mirrors were right?

Not unless I am a complete numpty john, first bars had to come off, then up and back thingy bolted on, then bars bolted into the up and back thingy, which, you set at a position that felt good for you, and did not bash into the tank if to low.

https://www.wunderlich.de/shop/data/14765/dateien/14765-7970.pdf

I set them at the exact same angle they came off.. felt fine and nothing to adjust / move?...

Maybe my longer arms needed them being a bit higher if I remember John, maybe this is why the cylinders went on an angle,

you're just trying to get back to Ape Hangers ;)

Attachments

• White-GT-Ape-Hangers-X2.jpg
    White-GT-Ape-Hangers-X2.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 254
Mine just went back to the exact same position as they were except back and up. No mirror adjustment needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine just went back to the exact same position as they were except back and up. No mirror adjustment needed.

Yep but read the thread Del, unless you raise the bars upward a little like I did, so then you need to put cylinders level again.

Yep but read the thread Del, unless you raise the bars upward a little like I did, so then you need to put cylinders level again.

Well since the mirrors went back to the exact same angle as before the bars were moved,how could the reservoirs be at a different angle. I must point out neither the mirrors / switches or reservoirs were slackened or moved.

Well since the mirrors went back to the exact same angle as before the bars were moved,how could the reservoirs be at a different angle. I must point out neither the mirrors / switches or reservoirs were slackened or moved.

Del sit back and think for a moment, how can the bars go back to the same angle, unless you put them in that position and tighten up straight away, , bars are loose until bolted down, and can either go up or down when loosely tightened, then when you have selected what position and height you feel good with, then you tighten bars down, some might feel better with bars slightly higher, in my case, and by doing this, it tilts the cylinders to an angle forward, hope it is making sense now, so to get the cylinders back to square, hence post number 1. :blast

Del sit back and think for a moment, how can the bars go back to the same angle, unless you put them in that position and tighten up straight away, , bars are loose until bolted down, and can either go up or down when loosely tightened, then when you have selected what position and height you feel good with, then you tighten bars down, some might feel better with bars slightly higher, in my case, and by doing this, it tilts the cylinders to an angle forward, hope it is making sense now, so to get the cylinders back to square, hence post number 1. :blast

Your not grasping what im trying to tell you. My bars were lifted taken back and bolted down with the mirrors showing me the exact same view as i had before i removed them. Now i know your going to say that will have altered the tilt angle but believe me its exactly the same just a little closer to me than before.

Your not grasping what im trying to tell you. My bars were lifted taken back and bolted down with the mirrors showing me the exact same view as i had before i removed them. Now i know your going to say that will have altered the tilt angle but believe me its exactly the same just a little closer to me than before.

Straight back with mirrors at same angle, of course it will be straight if the height of the bars suit your arms and wrist angle, but not mine, I needed to have the bars a little higher, as being 6ft 2 and having a high seat it just felt better, hence me forgetting to adjust the cylinder angle.

Straight back with mirrors at same angle, of course it will be straight if the height of the bars suit your arms and wrist angle, but not mine, I needed to have the bars a little higher, as being 6ft 2 and having a high seat it just felt better, hence me forgetting to adjust the cylinder angle.

Yeah i can understand that, but the angle was ok for me because I’m a hobbit with short arms, just needed bars a little closer than before.

Back
Top Bottom