Look what turned up today......

Martyn H

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
The new owner getting some running-in miles on the clock.
It's replaced his (much loved) 1200GS LC, but he's enjoyed various RS BMW's over the years, so he's taken the plunge.
Must be one of the first out of the dealerships.

Attachments

• R1250RS.jpg
    R1250RS.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 703
Looks great. So much better looking than the last version.

Apology accepted. Please try and do better in the future.

But seriously, do you honestly think its an inspired design ?

It looks like a 90s Suzuki front end and then they release it in this boring blue and a urine-coloured yellow.

I’m sure it’ll be great to ride and have the new engine but its not exactly a bike to glance back at when you shut the garage door,is it ?

I’m assuming BMW have done their research and potential owners don’t want anything out of the ordinary or in a distinctive colour ?

IMHO I much prefer the previous version rather than this nondescript anonymous plastic front end.

And what a drab colour too.

Yeah, they could have been a bit more imaginative with the colours, but that’s easily remedied for not a lot of money. This, or the upcoming XR are the only 2 bikes that could possibly tempt me back to BMW one day.

But seriously, do you honestly think its an inspired design ?

It looks like a 90s Suzuki front end and then they release it in this boring blue and a urine-coloured yellow.

I’m sure it’ll be great to ride and have the new engine but its not exactly a bike to glance back at when you shut the garage door,is it ?

I’m assuming BMW have done their research and potential owners don’t want anything out of the ordinary or in a distinctive colour ?

Yep, tbh it's middle of the road in terms of colour, but then most BMW owners are in their outlook I suspect. I was in Cotswold BMW this morning and they had one in the show room in bright red which caught the eye. Salesman said they were selling well, which again tbh I would expect him to:nenau

Back
Top Bottom