Speedo needle - full deflection.....

milleplod

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Bolsover, no longer the home of the Beast.
Posted here for more coverage! :)

I managed to let the battery go flat on my '06 RT - tried jumping it from a spare battery, but zilch, so stuck it on my CTEK for a day or two and it's now fully charged. Went out for a run today, it started fine. Went to refuel, so switched off for a few mins. On re-starting, I spotted the speedo needle spin all the way round, before falling back to zero,and then spotted the red warning triangle was lit up with 'brake failure' showing....although the brakes worked fine, in full servo-mode. Switched off, started again, no warning lights, all good throughout the day's run.

I've never seen the speedo thing before - anyone else had it or know what it means, if anything?

Pete

Had it on the 11 twice, replaced abs sensors and checked wiring still did it. Replaced battery never came back again.

You can check all connections to make sure no detritus and clean them.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I did wonder about the battery a while back - it doesn't seem to hold charge for more than a week or so, no parasitic drain found though, and a mate checked it on his posh Snap-on battery tester and said it was showing as OK. All very confusing. Anyway, M&P are doing the Motobatt MBYZ16HD for under £50 delivered, so one's on its way.

Not bike related,

but my 03 Subaru sweeps all the needles on all the gagues stop to stop every time i turn on the ignition.

Almost like a gague self check.

Disconnect your battery, wait overnight, and recconnect. Then see if it does it again

Back
Top Bottom