Low miles good or bad?

Lucky you, go for it....the best of the 1200 hexheads....2012 on means there are no recalls. My 2013 bike has original battery, nothing gone wrong with it ( that’s blown it) no corrosion lots of miles. Only issue I have had is paint starting to lift on leading side of cam covers due to stone chips....otherwise fine and still love it. A new 1250 is better but no where near £11k better (cost to change)....not even close.

Get AFXIED units, easy to fit and transforms the bikes fuelling and smoothness.

Thanks for the feedback oldnfat much appreciated. I've read about those AFXIED units and will look in to them a little more once the purchase is made!

Did I notice a set of AF-XiED in the for sale section.

Eesjay in Drogheda??

If so, snap them up.

Sent from a U11

Best of luck today
I hope it all works out for you.

(fair play JJH)

Sent from a U11

I've been reading various threads on high and low mileage bikes and peoples experience.

The 2013 GSA TC I'm going to look at, and hopefully purchase, tomorrow has 6400 miles on the clock, about 10K Kilometers. That's an average of only 1000 miles per year.

According to some that could be an issue as the bike hasn't been 'properly' used.

I know it's on the original tyres so those I will change as they are 6 years old.

The bike has had it's annual services by the original supplying dealer.

Would you classify this as 'dangerously' low miles?

S.

Why would the mileage be 'dangerously low'?
Do the basic checks, it'll be fine.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

I've been reading various threads on high and low mileage bikes and peoples experience.

The 2013 GSA TC I'm going to look at, and hopefully purchase, tomorrow has 6400 miles on the clock, about 10K Kilometers. That's an average of only 1000 miles per year.

According to some that could be an issue as the bike hasn't been 'properly' used.

I know it's on the original tyres so those I will change as they are 6 years old.

The bike has had it's annual services by the original supplying dealer.

Would you classify this as 'dangerously' low miles?

S.

I think you`ll do well to get a low mileage bike! Enjoy!

I cracked on with it and deposit is paid.

Thanks to JJH from the parish and his young lad Buster for meeting up with us and having a good look around the bike. You are a true gentleman and I owe you one sir!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I cracked on with it and deposit is paid.

Thanks to JJH from the parish and his young lad Buster for meeting up with us and having a good look around the bike. You are a true gentleman and I owe you one sir!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one, before you get the AF-Xieds on give it a while to actually run itself in, as seems it is hardly run in. ;)

Lovely looking bike. Wouldn’t even bother changing the tyers for another few miles. Good find and good luck with it. Lucky guy. JJH

You have got yourself a keeper there.

Favourite colour scheme....... Sandrover.

Sent from a U11

Thanks lads. Quite chuffed to be honest. Although rather 'expensive' for the year maybe I think the low miles and condition makes it worth every penny, time will tell. She has a nice little tool box too as well as cylinder head protectors, mudsling, head light guard, full set of luggage and original inner bags and I think original SatNav with lockable bracket. Bit more of a grunt audible on this one compared to my 09.

JJH I think you are right about those tyres. They will be on till next summer anyway. Thanks again for coming down today, very much appreciated!! Owe you at least a few :beerjug:

Thanks lads. Quite chuffed to be honest. Although rather 'expensive' for the year maybe I think the low miles and condition makes it worth every penny, time will tell. She has a nice little tool box too as well as cylinder head protectors, mudsling, head light guard, full set of luggage and original inner bags and I think original SatNav with lockable bracket. Bit more of a grunt audible on this one compared to my 09.

JJH I think you are right about those tyres. They will be on till next summer anyway. Thanks again for coming down today, very much appreciated!! Owe you at least a few :beerjug:
The only thing I would say about the tyres is....that if they have "gone hard".....the winter will be the worst time to have them on (if you use the bike through the wet/cold)

Sent from a U11

Back
Top Bottom