Low miles good or bad?

Some other small things I noticed on my ride home compared to my 09 model which had 49K miles done;

Gearbox is very slick, big improvement over 'old' bike, the 'clonk' is no more
Very slight vibrations through handlebars at around 100/110 KmH steady riding (believe these later models have lighter bar end weights?)
Much nicer sound of engine especially under acceleration
Superior torque and acceleration, especially above 5500 RPM things really start happening :)

All sounds normal....I love my 2013 although not quite so minty as yours....what a cracker. I keep trying the LC version (although not the 1250) and just can not justify the change in terms of the £ to “improvement” ratio.

Mine had vibes through the bars, not bad but heavier weights did the job. Also got AFXIED units as well which gives the bike another kick again and makes the off/on throttle change much smoother.

Enjoy

All sounds normal....I love my 2013 although not quite so minty as yours....what a cracker. I keep trying the LC version (although not the 1250) and just can not justify the change in terms of the £ to “improvement” ratio.

Mine had vibes through the bars, not bad but heavier weights did the job. Also got AFXIED units as well which gives the bike another kick again and makes the off/on throttle change much smoother.

Enjoy

Thanks oldnfat, reassuring that.

If you don’t mind me asking where did you source the bar end weights?

I have the AFXIED to go on as well thanks to a very attentive member on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bar end came from a 2006 GSA....almost twice the weight. I am not sure when they changed but my TC were not really weights, more like spacers made out of alloy.

Just jumping in a bit late, but the rear binding will probably be simply because bike has not been out for quite a while, I always give my rear wheel, a few spins during winter if bike is not able to get out, it stops any buildup on the discs causing dragging, it should ease off quickly, if not then get it checked. lovely looking bike, as for the tyres 7 years they would long be in the bin tread or not, but hey that is my choice. :D

Just jumping in a bit late, but the rear binding will probably be simply because bike has not been out for quite a while, I always give my rear wheel, a few spins during winter if bike is not able to get out, it stops any buildup on the discs causing dragging, it should ease off quickly, if not then get it checked. lovely looking bike, as for the tyres 7 years they would long be in the bin tread or not, but hey that is my choice. :D

Thanks for the contribution Smogbob. I've since read a lot about the rubber and what manufacturers believe is right or wrong. The magic number for shelve life seems to be 6 years. The main issue is the substance that gives the tyres their grip leaving the rubber and therefore the tyre becoming hard etc.

I will get the bike checked over properly as it only covered 27 miles between it's last 2 MOT's and the guy I bought it off did very little on it himself. She's getting Irish plates on the 16th and it will be off to the mechanic next for a health check and, most likely, fresh rubber.

Thanks for the contribution Smogbob. I've since read a lot about the rubber and what manufacturers believe is right or wrong. The magic number for shelve life seems to be 6 years. The main issue is the substance that gives the tyres their grip leaving the rubber and therefore the tyre becoming hard etc.

I will get the bike checked over properly as it only covered 27 miles between it's last 2 MOT's and the guy I bought it off did very little on it himself. She's getting Irish plates on the 16th and it will be off to the mechanic next for a health check and, most likely, fresh rubber.

:beerjug: I do feel a tad better now. :D and when they put new rubber on make sure they are real careful with the valves as they can snap easy.

few pics show tyre valve really clearly but it appears to have TPMS so don't replace the tyre valves they are 150 quid each

just ride it, the tyres will be bald and swapped out way before you notice they might have had a few % less grip than later ones. Its not a track bike, and anyway in most situations posh aftermarket dampers will give 20% more grip than you'll find by fitting new tyres

few pics show tyre valve really clearly but it appears to have TPMS so don't replace the tyre valves they are 150 quid each

just ride it, the tyres will be bald and swapped out way before you notice they might have had a few % less grip than later ones. Its not a track bike, and anyway in most situations posh aftermarket dampers will give 20% more grip than you'll find by fitting new tyres

No intention to replace the valves.

My mechanic put new tyres on my other GSA as well so he is aware of the challenges. He fitted Maxxis dual sports which I quite liked so might go that route again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom