Morocco in Spring 2020 with Bimble on the Bike Tours

Snow White

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
So who fancies a fully guided tour to

Morocco

Depart on morning of Wednesday 8th April 2020 to Sunday 26th April 2020 Catch the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao. From there one half days riding to the bottom of Spain using dual carriageways and keeping to sensible speeds. We then hop over to Morocco from Algeciras via Tanger's Med.
Return to Spain on afternoon of Thursday 23rd April and spend two days getting back up through Spain via more scenic roads and views catching the ferry on the evening of Saturday 25th and arrive back to UK on Sunday 26th April 2020. (this means if we have a problem in Morocco we can hack up through Spain in one and a bit days but still importantly catch the Spain-UK ferry)
We won't be doing anything too technical off road so you do not need to be an off -road riding god,

I'm taking my lump of BMW GSA and have no desire to come back with a pile of bits! However, we will be doing some gravel roads (think along the lines of gravel farm tracks) to get off the average tourist routes allowing us to see things the average visitor doesn't see, plus a bit of sand when we get down the Sahara. Hence I do recommend gravel tyres as they are more puncture resistance. (more details will be given)
During the tour we will pass over Tiza ‘a’ Test pass in the Atlas mountains,

Tiza small.jpg

see some stunning scenery, Roman towns

villa small.jpg

and the filming locations for Gladiator and Spector (James Bond) and the largest waterfall in the country will just be some of the places we visit.
Food is fresh,

food small.jpg

accommodation is adequate (no camping)

accom small.jpg

and temperatures are warm for this 4000 mile trip of which 2000 miles will be in Morocco.

Map.jpg

Cost is £1500 per person which includes return ferries and a bed in a cabin to and from Spain and return ferry from Spain to Morocco plus I sort out all the paperwork!
Additional costs of food, fuel, accommodation etc last year came to approximately £1000 per person for the whole trip. This is partly down to the fact that Morocco is so much cheaper for everything. A set of tyres is about £150 for the pair and will easily last the whole trip.
I avoid Casablanca cos its **** and apart from the famous hotel, it isn't really anything else worth fighting our way into a big city, to fight our way out again.
If you have a look at Bimble on the Bike Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/bimbleonthebiketours/ and scroll down to end of March/beginning of April this year you will find a number of photo's and videos that I took from this year's trip
Help and advice will be given prior to departure about bike and personal prep, plus details of hotel etc.
Hope that is still of interest to you?
Please feel free to ring/message or e-mail me if you have any questions. I only have four places left.

www.bimbleonthebike.co.uk/

Thank you.

Just a query.....you say you're taking "one half days riding to the bottom of Spain" ? is that one and a half days riding, I've more than likely read it wrong, if not then its too fast for me....over 600 miles in half a day :D

Just a query.....you say you're taking "one half days riding to the bottom of Spain" ? is that one and a half days riding, I've more than likely read it wrong, if not then its too fast for me....over 600 miles in half a day :D

Well spotted :blast
We take day and a half days to get through Spain.
I'm good, but I'm not that good :augie

Sit at a steady 70-75 mph with stops about every 1 1/2 hrs. No point trying to beat land speed records on the first day :rolleyes:
After all, we are on holiday (adventure)

Cheers SW and if I could afford it I would be putting my name down....'alas'....I won't have enough pennies saved so my trip will be around september.

I'm sure it will be booked up in no time for what looks like a great guided tour....Safe riding mate :beerjug:

Cheers SW and if I could afford it I would be putting my name down....'alas'....I won't have enough pennies saved so my trip will be around september.

I'm sure it will be booked up in no time for what looks like a great guided tour....Safe riding mate :beerjug:

I do understand this isn't a cheap trip, but for 4000 miles and 19 days I like to think it is competitively priced.

Now only two places left for anybody who wants to use that adventure bike of theirs.

Can you tell us a bit about the itinerary and places we’ll go please?

No?
Guess I’ll skip it then.

Sorry gbags I missed this request.
If you e-mail me at info @ bimbleonthebike.co.uk I can give you more details

Currently the 2020 trip is full, but will be running again in 2021 if you are still interested.
Cheers

Back
Top Bottom