Recomend me a hotel in Tangier

Comfy Old Boots

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hoping to stay in Tangier mid september for two or three nights with herself. Our base will be Estepona for ten days.

Looking for a nice hotel within walking distance of the city. I've never been before and wonder if you can recomend any hotels that you have been in?

I'm looking for a nice hotel. 4 or 5 star with breakfast included. We want to be within walking distance of the good stuff in the city. Be nice to be able to do a bit of sunbathing and swimming in the pool (or sun avoiding in my case with the use of a big umbrella). Want to do the tourist thing and have lots of adult couple time together.

I have not looked into this at all and know a lot of you go to Morocco a lot.

Thanks,

Owen.

Thinking of something like THIS

Not four or five star but authentic? Anyway, if you have anything to chip in I'd appreciate it.

Owen, do you use facebook ? Look up Venta El Regfugio on FB. Claudio that owns it is from Tangier. His restaurant "El Refugio" is about 18 kms up into the Sierra Bermeja hills behind Estepona. His old man is a local celebrity chef on TV and he has learned his skills from him. This is a "must see" place and only a quick drive up the best motorcycling road ever. His telephone number is on the Facebook page so you need to confirm by text or Whatsapp that he's open. We had a fantastic salad (all local produce) and wild boar cooked on the BBQ as he has no electricity. Look at the video below which was sadly filmed on a cloudy day. On a clear day you can see two layers of mountains in the Atlas range. If you are going to do this let me know and I'll give you more details. But Claudio will know good places in Tangier I suspect.:thumb2

Basic place but real Andalucian food.
https://television.estepona.es/visitamos-el-refugio-en-penas-blancas/

Looks interesting Luke. Don't think we are hiring a car but that might change. I'll check out the links. thanks.

Tangier is an industrial shite hole...

Research carefully..

Research carefully..

Interesting. I chose it because it’s easy to get to from Gibraltar. I’ll not go into the ins and outs of it but not a normal holiday. My mum and my sister are joining us. Just want a bit of time alone.

Might reconsider, rent a car and stay in Spain...

Head north in to the Sierra Nevada - beautiful

Research carefully..

Head north in to the Sierra Nevada - beautiful

^^^^This^^^^

The Alpujarras region within the SN is truly beautiful and a small, proper local gaff like THIS couldn't be more romantic for the two of you. You're in the middle of beautiful nowhere but still only a 30 minute drive from the coast.
You may have read Driving Over Lemons? If so, this is where it was set.

Andres

Agreed

My second favourite part of Spain after Asturias/Galicia.

It’s bloody beautiful up there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom