R1250gs xheads available now with discount

So the bolts are crap?

Ok, thanks for the heads up, I'll fit some stainless ones :beerjug:

They don't use the long cylinder head cover bolts like the 1200, just a couple of small screws beneath the head (like the BMW head protectors) and one which retained the suppressor cap cover :thumby: Mine arrived yesterday too, so I'll fit them tomorrow. The quality looks excellent though.

I think they do around 5 or 6 different ones to suit various configurations.

Fitted a set yesterday to a GS. Look well built and very unobtrusive. Whether they are worth nearly £170 is debatable, but....if they prevent a holed valve cover in the middle of nowhere they will of course be money well spent!

Before i order some, can anyone say whether they fit with the BMW engine bars or not....

Thanks

Bubb

I had BMW engine bars fitted after installing the Xheads. The rubber protector on the left hand bar presses on the Xhead a bit but not to any worrying degree. There is a very small amount of clearance in the corresponding positions on the RHS. The experienced BMW tech thought everything was fine.

Sven & Christjk

Thanks....think i will order some

Bubb

Fitted a set yesterday to a GS. Look well built and very unobtrusive. Whether they are worth nearly £170 is debatable, but....if they prevent a holed valve cover in the middle of nowhere they will of course be money well spent!

Mine have survived a drop from stationary and a low speed (15-20 mph) 'off piste' incident when the cylinder head hit a bank made mainly of stones. Only slight scuffs. Great bit of kit. Fingers crossed they will do the job in a higher speed off.

Just fitted the X-Heads and they look good. The screws supplied aren’t very good quality and I suspect it will be easy to damage the Torx socket, so I reused two of the BMW ones and will buy another four to finish the job properly.
1ae59b5e123c25c1b1b40a9ace8a1e39.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are the supplied bolts still made from monkey metal? :rolleyes:

Yes, I fitted mine yesterday, ... looks like its the same firm that supplies Homebase etc. with their screws made of toffee !!! to be fair though, the XHeads do look OK.

Back
Top Bottom