Clutch and gear change something happened I think

Deleted account 191119001

Reaction score
Interesting thing today, not sure what difference it should or should not make, but it certainly did, I am used to having the clutch on its last setting, closer to me, gearbox in low gears always felt a bit clunky but ok, decided earlier today to try the clutch at it furthest setting away from me, and gearbox went really smooth, is it something to do with the clutch, or maybe just me changing gears maybe more slowly, due to clutch being further away, well whatever I did, I am happier and leaving cluch that way, further away.

Lever travel will affect how far in the plunger goes to a certain extent. The lever can contact the bar/fingers before it has fully disengaged the clutch hence the clunkiness.
Also affects where the bite point is too.
Means you can also restart it in gear with 2 fingers still on the bar.

Lever travel will affect how far in the plunger goes to a certain extent. The lever can contact the bar/fingers before it has fully disengaged the clutch hence the clunkiness.
Also affects where the bite point is too.
Means you can also restart it in gear with 2 fingers still on the bar.

Ta mate so I was not imagining something happened the bite point has made it smoother being further away correct.

yes, will change the amount it pushes in the clutch... which could change a few things... more or less pressure in the clutch etc... glad yours is getting better :)

yes, will change the amount it pushes in the clutch... which could change a few things... more or less pressure in the clutch etc... glad yours is getting better :)

Must admit, I never even thought about letting lever out fully, just hit me today, total revelation. :blast

Must admit, I never even thought about letting lever out fully, just hit me today, total revelation. :blast

See, Goldilocks is getting better and better :cool:

Yep once I get better suspension on for my fat arse, ok for the moment, but my other set will be off to Luke for a spring change, for sure.

I've given up trying to tune my Ohlins, too frickin frustrating.... so it's booked into SSR Suspension next week to be professionally set up..... :D

I've given up trying to tune my Ohlins, too frickin frustrating.... so it's booked into SSR Suspension next week to be professionally set up..... :D

Sometimes for the better, im sticking with the automatic ESA stuff, just makes life simpler.

I’ve had the same experience with all my GSs. With the clutch lever set to position one, 2nd, 3rd and 4th tend to catch a bit on up and down changes. It is also worth spending a bit of time setting up the gear change lever height. I have found every new bike I have had, has been set to low.

I’ve had the same experience with all my GSs. With the clutch lever set to position one, 2nd, 3rd and 4th tend to catch a bit on up and down changes. It is also worth spending a bit of time setting up the gear change lever height. I have found every new bike I have had, has been set to low.

Will have to have a look at that, thought I read somewhere that you should not mess around to much with the height etc, something to do with splines, I may be wrong will have a look later, just scored Touratech gear changer so I can lengthen it a little for my size 47 boots. ;)

Will have to have a look at that, thought I read somewhere that you should not mess around to much with the height etc, something to do with splines, I may be wrong will have a look later, just scored Touratech gear changer so I can lengthen it a little for my size 47 boots. ;)

"scored" does that mean you got it for feck all ?

Just adjust the threaded rod between the foot lever and gearbox lever. 10mm spanner for the lock nuts and 8mm spanner for the adjuster. Just remember one end and is left hand thread.

Back
Top Bottom