Vibes on the 800GSA

Sgt Bilco

Dream Maker
Mod Squad
Reaction score
I've had my 18 plate 800GSA for a few months and whacking the mileage on it. Love the bike , use it mostly for work and do some big runs on it.

Loving the bike but the only issue is the vibrations which are most noticeable between 70 and 80 where I tend to sit on the motorway. I knew it would have them as the rental one I had in Alaska kast year was the same and many owners have said this happens but I hear there are cures.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'll be doing some big trips on it next year so it would be good to find a cure.

If you're on standard gearing the 650 sprockets may help. 17/41 rather than 16/42 as on the 800.

The 17 tooth gearbox sprocket clears the motorway blues :D

:beerjug:

Grip Puppies & Rox Antivibration Risers
Added bonus of the Rox Antivibration Risers is more upright riding position.

Win win...

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1563662688646.jpg
    FB_IMG_1563662688646.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 322
I had my ECU remapped by Hilltop motorcycles,which is by far the best improvement that has been made to the bike.
I have no financial interests in Hilltop,just look at the reviews and give them a call if you like.I sent my ECU through the post and it was very quick turnaround and a simple operation to do.£300 might sound like a lot,but,in my opinion,it’s the best mod for the F8.
Regards,Slow.

A rubber-backed front sprocket should help a bit, if you do not have one

orderd a jt sprockets 17t from eBay £16 will give it a go thanks for the heads up

I had my ECU remapped by Hilltop motorcycles,which is by far the best improvement that has been made to the bike.
I have no financial interests in Hilltop,just look at the reviews and give them a call if you like.I sent my ECU through the post and it was very quick turnaround and a simple operation to do.£300 might sound like a lot,but,in my opinion,it’s the best mod for the F8.
Regards,Slow.

I take it that you did not use our discount.

AF-XIED , google it. I installed it on my F8GS, took the vibrations away. Less expensive than a remap

fitted the 17t sprocket today and it's loads better thanks lads :thumby:

17 Tooth front Sprocket

Fitted the rubber mount one today. Only difference is cruise rpm reduced by about 400 rpm. I didn't really suffer vibes but I have rubber pegs, risers and grip puppies. If you're only going to ride on-road for touring then this is a very worthwhile mod.
:thumby:

Back
Top Bottom