Hi from Essex

Monkey Rum

Reaction score
Hi there, I’ve spent years (so many years) riding sports bikes, both commuting and longer trips in the uk and across Europe, but I have finally had to give in to the aches and pains and look outside the sports bike world for my next bike.

So earlier this year the hunt for something new began, friends had for years been trying to get me to try a GS, so that was added to the list, which then meant I needed to look at the KTM SAS and the Ducati Multistrada and I also looked at the MT-10 and VFR (but these were too similar to my GSXR in size and style), long story short I took them all on test rides, read the internet and bought a BMW R1250GS TE Exclusive.

After using the bike in anger for the last couple of weeks I have to say I’m really impressed, I do have a few aches and pains as my body adjusts to a different riding position, but these pail into insignificance against the pounding my wrists and ankles used to get on the GSXR (I’m 6’2” and 17st), I no longer go for the gap when filtering (the bars are to bloody wide :) ) and I now take time to enjoy my surroundings and not just focus on the next apex. All in all I’m really surprised at how well it handles considering its size and weight, the lack of dive from the telelever front end felt a bit strange at first but I love the way it soaks up bumps and uneven road surfaces that would have got my gixxer all upset.

And lastly, you may laugh, but before I bought it I didn’t really appreciate how much you could customise on the GS, from my gixxer world of exhaust, power commander and screen mods I’m now in a world of an almost inexhaustible number of changes or parts that be changed or added and I have thrown myself fully into this new world 😀

Anyway, thats my story so far and I look forward to getting to know you guys and girls and enjoying the next phase of my biking life 😎

Quick question, I have tried to subscribe but the link says that there are no subscriptions available.

Any ideas?

Quick question, I have tried to subscribe but the link says that there are no subscriptions available.

Any ideas?
You can not subscribe from a mobile device using a mobile theme, trying to do so will give you the message you are seeing.
Try using a device that will display the site in a normal browser.

PS thanks for the heads up Smogbob.

You can not subscribe from a mobile device using a mobile theme, trying to do so will give you the message you are seeing.
Try using a device that will display the site in a normal browser.

PS thanks for the heads up Smogbob.

:thumb2 might be worth putting a sticky up for that.

Greetings & welcome to the forum....enjoy your new bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your kind offer smogbob but I went with the normal the £12 sub instead.

In case anyone else has this problem on a phone or tablet you can choose “full site” at the bottom of the site and then it works

Welcome Mr Rum. There are a shedload of people on here with lots of experience to help you enjoy your new bike (although at 17 stone you'll be a bit of a lightweight on here) :D

Thanks for your kind offer smogbob but I went with the normal the £12 sub instead.

In case anyone else has this problem on a phone or tablet you can choose “full site” at the bottom of the site and then it works

Well at least you got there in the end, you can now look at the for sale section, always good farkles coming up, and good advice before you spend. ;)

Welcome - there are a few of us on here from the land of net curtains & patio doors.

Welcome and just wait till you start to think this tank is not big enough and go for the gsa

Congrats and enjoy the new bike.
You might need to chat with a financial advisor. Farkles are addictive 🫣👍

You two, do always turn up at the station when the train has already left?

You resurrecting an introduction post from August 2019 :blast 🤣
😳Soooo…sorry. I’m trying to give up drunk calling people. I guess's I’m banned now from drunk texting people🥴.
What’s next!! I’m not allowed to ride the bike drunk??? Nanny forum 🤣🤣

Back
Top Bottom