Sleeping Bag advice please

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
In the past I had a sleeping bag that was too small and too thin, then some years camping with the family I had the exact opposite but size was unimportant as we were in the car/van.

I’m now looking for something that squishes down small and is big enough for my 6ft, 102 kgs and is suitable for April to October.

I’ve been looking at down and like the look of the Helium Solo and Rab ascent 300.

Any other suggestions or recommendations?

Thanks

Take a look at mountain equipment.I have a down as opposed to synthetic.

Alpkit's always worth a look, they sometimes have clearance sales.

Dreamcatcher 500 for cool times, or a 300 for summer. Left and Right handed available and an all round zip.

ps - I have both a 500 and a 300 that I no longer use (went double) which were dry cleaned before being put away, happy to talk £ via pm if you like. Mine do not feature the removable quilt.

For something on the cheaper end of the scale I like my OEX Fathom 400, quite roomy (I’m about 110kg and 6’2) and it folds up quite small

52b63d31395cf172a56d14dac70a1f46.jpg

That’s a size 10 trainer btw

The down bags aldi/Lidl sometimes sell are ok and you can extend the seasons you can use it in with a liner and or a bivvy bag.

Forget the bag, get a quilt., mine is a sea to summit in large.. Very small when packed..

I just bought one of these after using a Snugpak Sleeper Lite for years:

https://www.militarykit.com/products/snugpak-jungle-sleeping-bag-black?variant=22651447935034

Not used it yet but heading down to the alps for a weeks camping next weekend and will be using it then. The Sleeper lite is a great bag but simply takes up too much space when packed. This one packs down a lot smaller (it's similar to a packed thermarest neo air mat) so is a lot easier to pack. Very reasonably priced and I've always found the Snugpak range to be good value and quality...

Back
Top Bottom