The Stans through Turkey or Russia

Swell

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello all,
I’m thinking of a trip east to the Caspian Sea. My initial thoughts are through Turkey but may consider through Russia avoiding Ukraine and down to Kazakhstan to maybe coincide with a rocket launch at Baikonur. Has anyone any experience of travelling these routes. What’s the score with insurance and visa requirements etc. There’s a bit of info out there regarding the Cosmodrome and launches but is a straight forward getting access and egress in this part of the world?
Any info greatly appreciated.

First thing is to decide which route you are actually taking, when and for how long, then research each country for their current visa requirements applying for their dates to be valid as and when you need them to be.

Turkmenistan may require a tourist visa which means you need a guide to travel with you....and it's a shit hole or more politely, it's hot with little to really see.

Russia. Do you need a duel entry visa, if so what is the period between each entry, does it require you to have a business visa?

Insurance can be bought at the border for each country.

Personally I'd skip the feckin rocket launch and press on to UZ, TJ and Kyrgyzstan :D

Back
Top Bottom