Touring suspension settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick B

Reaction score
Just a bit of advice needed,
Were heading of up to Arran and a bit of island hopping and camping at the same time,so i was wondering which settings would be best for mt 2016 RT with Dynamic pack,bear in mind theres me(short arse) the wife,(she has to come) and the camping gear,Obviously the 2 panniers and the large BMW top box so we have the usual 3 modes of rider,rider +luggage and rider and passenger and the Dyna/Road/rain
So its just a general consensus on peoples expeirience
Cheers
Rick

Were heading of up to Arran and a bit of island hopping and camping at the same time,so i was wondering which settings would be best for mt 2016 RT with Dynamic pack,bear in mind theres me(short arse) the wife,(she has to come) and the camping gear,Obviously the 2 panniers and the large BMW top box so we have the usual 3 modes of rider,rider +luggage and rider and passenger and the Dyna/Road/rain
Cheers
Rick
Try it & find out what works for you. But if I was riding with a passenger & luggage, I think I know what I'd try first............

Cheers
Rick

Surely if the preload is not correctly set the bike will have a slightly nose-up attitude and there will be less suspension travel.

I have pootled along the twisties two-up at moderate speeds with the pre-load set at one rider when it should have been 2 on many occasions ... with no ill effects.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom