BTBR Auxilliary Light Set Up - where's the fuse for the Micro DE's?

JohnnyBoxer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Whoops, think I have fused the Micro DE Foglight circuit and Autoswitch

Where's the fuse located?

There's a Hella Square Microswitch in the fuse box, but can't see any fuse etc

Hella FF50's on Main Beam work fine, on the Low Beam Micro DE's (I have had to replace the connectors in the lights as they'd rotted away) - they did work fine once they had all the connectors repaired earlier today, but I must have touch the housing and they blew a fuse

So anyone with the set-up..............can you tell me where the fuse is?

JB are they not hidden under some PVC sleeving if you have the setup below and same loom

Technical Specification
All the cables used in my bespoke wiring loom are double protected with PVC sleeving and have 10 amp in-line fuses connected direct to the battery to protect both of the auxiliary lighting circuits. All of the connections that are made into the bikes main electrical harness are soldered joints that are then protected with Self-Amalgamating tape.
The connections used on all the lights are IP67 rated or in laymans terms, water
resistant to a submerged depth of 1 metre and for duration of twenty minutes!!!

http://www.motorcycleinfo.co.uk/index6328.html?fa=contentGeneric.jqibmepixmfsgvdi&pageId=166144

Or here below maybe JB

https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showt...tions-for-a-Nippy-Norman-Autoswitch-Model-5NB

Depends how they've been wired.

My Micro DEs (HID) and FF50s are all wired via relays. The live to the relay, if your's are triggered by relay then the feed may be straight from the battery with an inline fuse tucked under the rear of the tank.

Depends how they've been wired.

My Micro DEs (HID) and FF50s are all wired via relays. The live to the relay, if your's are triggered by relay then the feed may be straight from the battery with an inline fuse tucked under the rear of the tank.

Thanks, off to search later

All sorted
There they were just under the tank aperture by the battery - 2 x 10a fuses
Replaced and sorted

I had BTBR set up on two of my previous GS’s.
I emailed him a while back to enquire about wiring up my current 1150 GSA, but apparently he’s hung up his pliers (his words).
Is there a diagram or video of the install so I can do it myself?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have a how to?
I have the Hella DE lights, and I’ve made a light bar at work.
Just need to wire it in.
I’d rather have a go myself then employ someone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom