Broadsword Calling Danny Boy..........plus diversions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted account 210901001

Reaction score
Hi

Following on from my "Great Escape" tour I'm going to head off and do the "Where Eagles Dare" thing.

Nothing booked apart from outward ferry, it'll be another Cake and Arse productions cuffed trip.

Aside from Schloss Adler, (its well named), I'm looking for top tips on places to visit generally.

Ballpark route;

Dunkirk
Black Forest
Innsbruck
The Schloss
Up through Germany, possibly West Poland and Cz Rep
Hanover
Rotterdam

I've picked up some great tips on here, such as museums at Speyer and Overloon, etc so would welcome any tips which are "en route" give or take as I'm flexible with exact routing except Hanover and The Schloss.

Ill do a Trip Report as I go, resisting starting it with "Broadsword Calling UKGSer"

Thanks for anything offered.

M

see if you can pick up a 1970s edition of Warlord for some excellent German phraseology

Thanks.

Yes this is the sister museum of the Speyer one I believe.

I may hit it on way to SchwrzWald

"Ich mochte Eine zimmer unt duche bitte"

Should get me by :)

Have a good trip

If you’re heading anywhere near the Baltic Coast (maybe from the West Poland bit) the Wolfsschanze in the North of the country as well as the V2 Museum at Peenemünde further west along the Baltic Coast back into Germany are well worth a visit. :thumb2

Hi

Following on from my "Great Escape" tour I'm going to head off and do the "Where Eagles Dare" thing.

Nothing booked apart from outward ferry, it'll be another Cake and Arse productions cuffed trip.

Aside from Schloss Adler, (its well named), I'm looking for top tips on places to visit generally.

Ballpark route;

Dunkirk
Black Forest
Innsbruck
The Schloss
Up through Germany, possibly West Poland and Cz Rep
Hanover
Rotterdam

I've picked up some great tips on here, such as museums at Speyer and Overloon, etc so would welcome any tips which are "en route" give or take as I'm flexible with exact routing except Hanover and The Schloss.

Ill do a Trip Report as I go, resisting starting it with "Broadsword Calling UKGSer"

Thanks for anything offered.

M

If you are visiting Burg Hohenwerfen it is okay and worth the trip for the falconry displays just don't expect a cable car or a mountain top location, it is at relatively low level and an easy 5 minute stroll from the car park .

If you are going to the Baltic Coast take in Ravensbruck , Prora on Ruegen

I dont believe you did the Great escape tour!

Cos i saw Steves bike in the museum on Sunday, and it was pristine and clean.

No evidence of it being ragged to feck over barbed wire berms and shit ;)

If you aint got pictures, it didnt happen ;)

If you are visiting Burg Hohenwerfen it is okay and worth the trip for the falconry displays just don't expect a cable car or a mountain top location, it is at relatively low level and an easy 5 minute stroll from the car park .

If you are going to the Baltic Coast take in Ravensbruck , Prora on Ruegen

Thanks.

Yes I looked at the website for the castle, there's some side by side on you tube of the film and the castle now too.

I recon Ill leave bike at hotel and walk up by the sounds of the reviews.

Thanks for heads up

Appreciated

I dont believe you did the Great escape tour!

Cos i saw Steves bike in the museum on Sunday, and it was pristine and clean.

No evidence of it being ragged to feck over barbed wire berms and shit ;)

If you aint got pictures, it didnt happen ;)

I did honest...………..pics on ride Report...…..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom