Ferrite Cores.....will this make my dvr system work?!!

Decompressing

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
You may have seen another of my posts recently about the V-SYS dual 1080p bike dvr system which I recently bought. On the plus side, it's all fitted to the bike and works UNTIL the engine is switched on, after which the unit loses contact with the rear camera (and I get a warning voice message on the unit to "CONNECT REAR CAMERA".

Obviously, slightly annoying. I've had limited help from the Chinese tech support but they seem keen that there is interference coming from the spark plugs and that I should change them for resistor-type plugs. Well, I've got the NGK OE spec plugs which are resistor plugs apparently.

Would the addition of ferrite cores on the camera leads cure this? I've ordered some anyway!

There is one other person on the forum who is having an identical problem and has been advised to change his plugs too!

I assume your cameras are powered from a single source ignition controlled feed? In other words, you are not powering the rear camera from a source different to the rest of the cameras?

When most modern bikes start, they - very briefly - cut power to all the ancillaries. Once running, they restore power back to the ancillaries. Your post reads to me that, for whatever reasons, the power is not being restored to the rearmost camera.

Question:

1. Do the rest of the cameras work, when the bike is restarted? In short, is it just the rear camera you are having the problem with?

2. What happens if, after the error message flashes up, you leave the engine running, then disconnect the rear camera and reconnect it? Does it then work properly?

I assume your cameras are powered from a single source ignition controlled feed? In other words, you are not powering the rear camera from a source different to the rest of the cameras?

When most modern bikes start, they - very briefly - cut power to all the ancillaries. Once running, they restore power back to the ancillaries. Your post reads to me that, for whatever reasons, the power is not being restored to the rearmost camera.

Question:

1. Do the rest of the cameras work, when the bike is restarted? In short, is it just the rear camera you are having the problem with?

2. What happens if, after the error message flashes up, you leave the engine running, then disconnect the rear camera and reconnect it? Does it then work properly?

I initially powered it directly from the rear DIN socket, my thinking being that it’s a switch power feed through CANBUS no issues with adding extra fuse and it’s a low drain. Also, added advantage of staying live for a short while after you switch off the ignition.

When I had this problem, I changed the wiring for the power so it’s exactly how the manufacturer says it should be, which is power lead directly from the battery (which I fused). The V-SYS system has an extra wire to connect to a switched live which I’ve taken off the same rear DIN power feed. I changed this so that it is wired exactly as V-SYS say it should be and also just to eliminate any potential electrical interference that may exist through the bikes wiring harness (even though with CANBUS, I didn’t think you could get that sort of electrical interference).

By coincidence, just after I’d ordered the ferrite cores from eBay, V-SYS emailed me and suggested sending some cores to me in the post so I’m hopeful I’m on the right track here!

I've got a refund for this V-SYS camera from Ali-Express.

Just won't work as described. Really wouldn't recommend anyone buying one but very pleased from service of Ali-Express in issuing a refund.

Back
Top Bottom