07 R1200GS Non start

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherpatensing

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Yet another non start thread...sorry but need a few ideas please.

Bike was running fine, put in the garage overnight but failed to start the following morning. Engine cranks over but refuses to fire, not even once.
It has sparks at the plugs. There is no audible noise from the fuel pump either ignition on or cranking. I measured 10.5 volts at the pump controller blue plug on cranking. I fed a separate 12v to the pump which spins happily but still no firing with the 12v connected. There is no discernible smell of petrol.
When the bike was garaged it was quite low on fuel but I have added half a gallon.
Any ideas gents?

Is the bike fitted with an alarm/immobiliser? Also how exactly did you feed 12 volts to the pump?

Fuel Pump Controller.......I looked it up on google after a prompt from Gazza12adv :beer:

Had that on my first GSA, it was puzzling at the time until I did a search on here......it was VERY prevalent at the time. The dealer (Wollaston) didn't bat an eyelid, picked the bike up, fixed it under warranty and returned it 2 days later.:clap

the recall was for a new relay.... it used to fill up with water and decide to work badly as a result

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom