Gave up on Garmin, went to TomTom

Arsey

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I gave up on Garmin last year.Been using them since Quest days and had many including 2610, Nuvi 220,Zumo 660,590 etc .
But I’ve bought a Tom Tom 550.
It’s so much more intuitive,you can plan routes on iPad/iPhone and it’ll send straight to the device and the device updates over WiFi which non of my Garmins ever did, though I believe the very latest may do now.

Much quicker to process stuff as quad core processor and also lifetime world mapping as opposed to charging a fortune for add ons like rip off Garmin.

I gave up on Garmin last year.Been using them since Quest days and had many including 2610, Nuvi 220,Zumo 660,590 etc .
But I’ve bought a Tom Tom 550.
It’s so much more intuitive,you can plan routes on iPad/iPhone and it’ll send straight to the device and the device updates over WiFi which non of my Garmins ever did, though I believe the very latest may do now.

Much quicker to process stuff as quad core processor and also lifetime world mapping as opposed to charging a fortune for add ons like rip off Garmin.
Hi Arsey ,
What Nav app are you using on your IPad , that is compatible with the Tom Tom ?
As a long time user of Garmin i was considering a shift to
Tom Tom .
And does the shift from I pad to Nav ,go via Bluetooth ? , or do you require both hooked to wifi ?

Boatman, I have created you a dedicated thread or your question will probably get lost between bods’ ranting over Garmin products.

Richard

PS Suggest you PM Arsey, pointing him to this thread, in case he misses it.

Boatman, I have created you a dedicated thread or your question will probably get lost between bods’ ranting over Garmin products.

Richard

PS Suggest you PM Arsey, pointing him to this thread, in case he misses it.
Thanks R

Back
Top Bottom