Can anyone recommend the Welsh Tony Archer Seats

abermarc

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
South/Mid Wales, Gloucester, Bristol, Cheltenham area.

Oralternatively someone further afield that will accept postal orders.

I've just spoken to Tony as I was hoping to get my 650gs 'log' seat re-covered with a bit of memory foam. He comes very highly recommended I know but unfortunately due to issues he has had in the past he has stopped receiving and sending seats by post. Even if you offer to arrange your own courier its still a no go and being in South Wales a trip to West Yorkshire is probably a bit more than I am willing to do.

Any recommendations please? Sore arse needing a cure :eek:

Thanks for that. I have actually been in email comms with Digger. He asked me to send him a pic of my current seat and his reply to that was that he has one just like that in stock but didn't elaborate any further. Probably need to chase that up but on the basis my original email was to modify my existing seat with fairly exact instruction - add memory foam, make wider, re cover - I'm not really sure where he was going with that!

EDIT: I have just chased him up for clarification.

Any others?

Digger is a one off, he does take his own sweet time to do what he does, but what he does is superb. Think ageing rocker with a bad back! you cant be far away from his shop, why not pop around and chat things through, ring first though!

Digger is a one off, he does take his own sweet time to do what he does, but what he does is superb. Think ageing rocker with a bad back! you cant be far away from his shop, why not pop around and chat things through, ring first though!

Maybe that's an idea. I drive past Newport on my way home from work every day. Didn't realise he had a shop. I'll arrange to pop in, thanks.

South/Mid Wales, Gloucester, Bristol, Cheltenham area.

Oralternatively someone further afield that will accept postal orders.

I've just spoken to Tony as I was hoping to get my 650gs 'log' seat re-covered with a bit of memory foam. He comes very highly recommended I know but unfortunately due to issues he has had in the past he has stopped receiving and sending seats by post. Even if you offer to arrange your own courier its still a no go and being in South Wales a trip to West Yorkshire is probably a bit more than I am willing to do.

Any recommendations please? Sore arse needing a cure :eek:

I live in Huddersfield and have used Tony for my seats.If your stuck you could always post to me if needed.I can verify he does a very good job.

I live in Huddersfield and have used Tony for my seats.If your stuck you could always post to me if needed.I can verify he does a very good job.

Kind offer, I will bear that in mind, thank you very much.

A neighbour had her Hornet seat reshaped, gel pad and recovered. The quality was excellent.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

A neighbour had her Hornet seat reshaped, gel pad and recovered. The quality was excellent.

They've just replied to an email now. Medical grade silicone pad insert, foam re-shape and re-cover for the sum of appox. £170 which seems reasonable.

The quality of finish is good too, if I get a chance I'll try and grab a couple of pics of her bike later.

Back
Top Bottom